3m taped the front license plate

Well I got the bottom grille for the bumper, and boy was taking off the license plate holder a bit**, but someone from the forum helped me out! I took it off and there was four ugly holes in the bumper. So I cleaned it up and I put a bit of 3m tape on the front license plate and lined it up in the middle and bent it a bit so it flows nicely with the bumper and I put it on. And here's the result. Looks good while keeping it legal.

dscf0015fi8.jpg

Nice job! I am leaving my license plate off until I get a "fix-it" ticket and then plan on simply using long, thin bolts to secure it until I get a "write-off" of the ticket....then the plate is gone again.

By the way, nice bowtie...never seen one with the image of a guy holding a camera before.

I've seen this posted before and I guess I would need to install a grill myself to really understand, but why does the plate holder need to be removed in order to have the lower grill portion?

Yes! Then it needs to be modified before you can reinstall it. The lower part that wraps around the bottem of the bumper needs to be cut off. Easy fix and does not really get seen.

I cleaned it up and I put a bit of 3m tape on the front license plate and lined it up in the middle and bent it a bit so it flows nicely with the bumper and I put it on. And here's the result. Looks good while keeping it legal.

dscf0015fi8.jpg

That was a good idea with the tape. Do you think that a thin, black, plastic frame around the plate to minimize the exposer of the plate would help? You may get away with a 1" width, I would crowd the numbers as much as I could. It would finish it off and cover the mounting holes in the plate. You could also profile it to match the grill opening. Now I'm getting caried away.