European frequency setting

Hi Guys,

I imported a brand new Silverado SS 2006 to Belgium and I have the following problem.

In Europe, radio frequency goes up & down in steps by a half...explain....something like this : 100 to 100.5 to 101 and so on. Now you can imagine that a radio station in Belgium with a frequency setting of 101.5 can not be listened to in normal quality because you either have to set the radio to 101 or 102.

Is there any way to change these settings to European standards ?

Hope that my question is clear enough for you guys, did my best writing in English.

TNX

Johan

GM has a factory software calibration for the radio module that, when loaded into the module, allows for tuning to European radio frequencies. They also have software for Middle East/Saudi Arabia, South America, and of course, North America.

Just take it to a garage that can reprogram GM's, and they should be able to reprogram the radio module for you to work in Belgium.

:cheers:

TNX mate, that's what I wanted to hear :cheers:

Hi Guys,

I imported a brand new Silverado SS 2006 to Belgium and I have the following problem.

In Europe, radio frequency goes up & down in steps by a half...explain....something like this : 100 to 100.5 to 101 and so on. Now you can imagine that a radio station in Belgium with a frequency setting of 101.5 can not be listened to in normal quality because you either have to set the radio to 101 or 102.

Is there any way to change these settings to European standards ?

Hope that my question is clear enough for you guys, did my best writing in English.

TNX

Johan

GM has a factory software calibration for the radio module that, when loaded into the module, allows for tuning to European radio frequencies. They also have software for Middle East/Saudi Arabia, South America, and of course, North America.

Just take it to a garage that can reprogram GM's, and they should be able to reprogram the radio module for you to work in Belgium.

:cheers:

TNX mate, that's what I wanted to hear :cheers:

Let me know how everything works out. :thumbs: