Squeak at shift under hard acceleration

xistent

Alright, So I have read all the post I can find about the well known belt squeak, but the stealership is telling me it is coming from under the truck. Should I continue letting the work on it or pick up a gator belt. I drove it with the writer, tech, and service manager today and left it with them.

Thanks, for any responses.

You should get the gatorback put it on and take it back to show them it stopped, but the gatorback whines like crazy so it's kind of a give and take situation, you will either have the squeek on the shift or the whine and it will start to squeek again after a few thousand miles.

Ive got the same problem, and the dealership knows but I guess GM hasent put out a fix for it yet ? you guys think its worth still keeping the truck ? Or should I file for a lemon ? If there is a fix for it cna I get a link to the page that has this fix for it all ive seen are the gator bakc belts and the APS pulleys ???? Thanks in advance :dupe:

i think i stated this once before but mine went away after i took out the torque management with an updated pcm.

Ive got a Pcm update from the dealer but its stoc kand its just gotten worse. makes me upset !@!!!

i should have been more specific. a performance tune where torque management is either minimized or taken out. not saying one affects the other but about the time i put in my nelson tune which was at 1700 miles or so the belt squeak disappeared.

The dealership I go to said it couldnt be the belt and that it was under the truck (trans). Well I got the gatorback and guess what???

The squeak is gone. I took it back to the dealer and showed them, there response was "oh". This was after I took it to them three times, telling them what has fixed so many other peoples trucks with the lq9.

Everybody here is great, thanks for all the help.