another video

BlackSS04

all I have to say is WOW. what is in that thing man?

It's a twin turbo D-max non intercooled because we are going to use the nitrous for cooling the intake charge. The reason for not using intercoolers and using nitrous instead is to keep the weight down over the frontend.

Good atleast we'll have someone to put to shame!

What? We don't get any credit for using a Chevy body? :chevy:

Might be difficult to line up against another Pro Diesel truck considering there are only 2 running/active trucks in the US at the moment (not including the Banks ride since it has yet to make a pass).

Our current ride is way overweight, as aerodynamic as a brick and using a junkyard motor with stock head bolts. New truck to go into construction this winter is a Dakota with an actual race prepped motor and about 900 pounds lighter.

Motor is a 12 valve "B" series Cummins as you would find in a pre-98 Dodge. No coal (too hard to get thru the injectors). We had been using #2 pump diesel, but the new formula has no lube in it...we are trying a new home brew.

Current fastest 1/4 diesel is another Cummins...Scheid Motorsports rail. 7.55 @ 183 MPH.

Here is a video of us at Atlanta this year racing the the guy thats going to shoe the Banks rig pictured above....only the second time 2 Pro Diesel trucks went head to head. We lost the first one....

http://video.competitiondiesel.com/recentv...83c00ab1df9.htm

Edited by lpreston (see edit history)

Might be difficult to line up against another Pro Diesel truck considering there are only 2 running/active trucks in the US at the moment (not including the Banks ride since it has yet to make a pass).

Our current ride is way overweight, as aerodynamic as a brick and using a junkyard motor with stock head bolts. New truck to go into construction this winter is a Dakota with an actual race prepped motor and about 900 pounds lighter.

Motor is a 12 valve "B" series Cummins as you would find in a pre-98 Dodge. No coal (too hard to get thru the injectors). We had been using #2 pump diesel, but the new formula has no lube in it...we are trying a new home brew.

Current fastest 1/4 diesel is another Cummins...Scheid Motorsports rail. 7.55 @ 183 MPH.

Here is a video of us at Atlanta this year racing the the guy thats going to shoe the Banks rig pictured above....only the second time 2 Pro Diesel trucks went head to head. We lost the first one....

so thats you with the diesel in that video. your doing a great job with that beast man. :thumbs: i can't believe there is a faster diesel out there running mid 7's. :eek: that's out of control.

I didn't mean to offend you it was just a joke when I made the comment and we will have our truck running soon enough but the problem is we have like 10 guys in the race shop including myself and we also have like 10 projects all going at the same time so it makes it kinda tuff when the owner comes out and wants something done even if your in the middle or close to being done with something else. I am currently working on a D-max powered roadrace truck which we will be out testing this next friday. It is impressive to see a diesel make that kinda speed in the 1/4. Claiming worlds fastest diesel is way to general of a comment though because we also have a worlds fastest diesel. They are both completely different types of racing. Ours holds the top speed record at 222mph for a street legal sport truck.

No offense taken. We actually can't wait for more people to come out and play with.

I didn't post the video...I think the cop that we raced did. The Dr Performace truck out of Houston has the record for a pickup in a 1/4 mile. I've seen the race between Sidewinder and the Corvette....poor Vette owner...lol.

I'm not the driver...just the internet jockey, assistant wrench and electronics goon. My huevos ain't big enough....I'd need beer to get behind the wheel and we all know what that does to reaction times....

Edited by lpreston (see edit history)

This is the worlds fastest diesel truck, Banks has a way's to go although the Sidewinder is a nasty Pickup Truck.

The Phoenix 272.685 MPH

n18r03.jpg

Details

http://www.ugofadini.com/phoenixstory.html

The question is, is it street legal?