line of fire??

any one have the fire&ice led bar for their truck? i was thinking of getting it becuase it has reverse led's in it and i like that idea. just want to get some ratings on it. also if anyone has some night and day shots of the lights on it would be a great help. thank you guy so much~~~kyle

I was gonna do the same but if seen a led light bar very similar to that on some fullsize truck around here and theyre not bad looking but the only way i would put one on is if i shaved the 3rd brake light otherwise i think its to much lighting but thats just my opinion but then again you cant be to safe so its totally up to you. Actually it wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't on all the time because they also act as running lights to so if you could only have em somehow only come on when you hit the brakes, turn signal, or reverse lights it would be nice that way

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)

Kyle. If you do a search with Fire and Ice you should get a couple of good topics about it. I remember it was a popular topic last year or two years ago. There was some good pics and discussions.

thank you. i want it because im going to be smoking the tails so i want some extra secuirt back there so people see me. i bet i can wire it so the dont hasve running lights or put the running ligths on a switch. i work at a auto electronics place so i can fiquring something out!

Yeah you can hook them up like that. If you use the right smoke for the tails you shouldn't have a problem ... but there will be no way anyone is going to not see you with the fire and ice, it will be a good safety measure for sure!

I think it would be cool if (like you guys already said) it doesn't come on with the running lights, but also, I wouldn't want it to work for turn signals either.... I think it would just look better if it was for brake lights and reverse lights only....IMO.

I think it would be cool if (like you guys already said) it doesn't come on with the running lights, but also, I wouldn't want it to work for turn signals either.... I think it would just look better if it was for brake lights and reverse lights only....IMO.

:withstupid:

Yeah you can hook them up like that.  If you use the right smoke for the tails you shouldn't have a problem ... but there will be no way anyone is going to not see you with the fire and ice, it will be a good safety measure for sure!

what would be the "right smoke"? i've been thinking about doing mine as well.

theres a special smoke paint, not just black paint. it also depends on how many coats you use. there was a good topic in the how to about doing them. and a couple pics of 2 coats then 3 then 4 just to show how dark it can get. i want to keep my reverse lights when i smoke them too. some really good looking taillight pictures if you look..i think the paint is called smoke then just clear it.