dealer tech.!!!

anyone here a dealer tech. i have been talking to tim about being a tech. he was a gm tech for 16 years. just wanted to get more input on it. i was looking into the gm asep program, anyone else go through it?? think its a good idea becoming one. it must be hard work though. also im conserend about money, i dont want to have to worry about money. i want my kids and wife to have everthing they want(when i have kidds and get a wife).lol any input will be great!~~~Kyle

anyone here a dealer tech. i have been talking to tim about being a tech. he was a gm tech for 16 years. just wanted to get more input on it. i was looking into the gm asep program, anyone else go through it?? think its a good idea becoming one. it must be hard work though. also im conserend about money, i dont want to have to worry about money. i want my kids and wife to have everthing they want(when i have kidds and get a wife).lol any input will be great!~~~Kyle

its on ok job, i did it for a while. imo money is ok but if you want to make good money expect alot of training courses and to keep with it for a while. one thing though if you enjoy workin on your car/truck it isnt as much fun when you do it everyday all day . so expect work to get done alot less on your behalf. Youll also get alot of frieds /family askign for help which is cool becuase you can make soem side cash. but its a cool learnign experience though. just make sure it is somethign you want to stick with for a while .

its on ok job, i did it for a while. imo money is ok but if you want to make good money expect alot of training courses and to keep with it for a while. one thing though if you enjoy workin on your car/truck it isnt as much fun when you do it everyday all day . so expect work to get done alot less on your behalf. Youll also get alot of frieds /family askign for help which is cool becuase you can make soem side cash. but its a cool learnign experience though. just make sure it is somethign you want to stick with for a while .

very true chase. right on with that. im just about to start a two year tech cert program to step up to the next and highest level. but well worth it $$$$$$$

Alan

off topic but chase did you skip over grammar school and go right into the automotive field :jester: Just messing with ya

Edited by fox_forma (see edit history)

I was a toyota tech for a little. Its okay you learn a lot but like chase its not as fun working on your own truck when you get home from doing it all day. Someone else told me keep your hobbys seperate from your job. Good advice. It gets old doing brake jobs, oil changes, etc. all day