So Cal dyno day

04CHASE

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well this is some f'ed up shit, i was supposed to go the 3rd(wednesday) and magnacharger didnt get my magnavolt to me like they had promised 3 times, so after getting fed up i just drove over 150 miles each way to pick it up and 6 hours later i am back. im going to install it in a few and get the truck running , hopefully get it tuned tonight and on the dyno tommorrow.

for sure, i keep runnign into little stupid problems now, like one i broke the bolts on my girdle when torquing them , got that fixed the next day after a long drive. then i finally get the SS driving and killed a titan while logging and it hit about 180 kpa on the map so thats right arounf 12 psi not to mention we took the 60 lb injectors to 98 idc with a 12.0 afr. now we can get it over 11. dam bov keeps opening. so we figured that out while logging last night and a bunch of times the stupd hp tuner box would loose connection . it quit doing it after a bit and we got some decen tlogs. so today we opened up the bov because it was maxed out on the highest settign for max boost but was sitll opening so we put some washers in it to make the spring tighter. and the diaphram was kind of messed up , so i should have a new one tommorrow. so hopefully its running good by then which i pray it will. we did put the slicks on and did some cruising and when it launched it spun until about 25 mph but it felt fast but not fast enough imo. so we also switched from the 3.3 pulley to the 3.1 today. now for some more logs .

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

so granatelli lied to me over the phone and their website if b/s. they told me that they could dyno tune no problem and their website states they can do state of the art tuning. check it out. they do rent the dyno so that you can either tune it yourself or have your own tuner come and tune it for you. kind of messed up my plans while i was in ventura. frank at rev raceworks bailed me out though, so props to him.