WTF? Carbon build up at 34,500?

jayo96ss

i wounldnt use seafoam its ok but for combustion camber cleaning use berrymans professional combustion cleaning kit its a way better product easy to use it kind of like steam cleans the cumbustion camber its got a little ho2 in it not much but a little and real cleans it out

seafoam goes in the crank case works well pour a can in and drive for 200 miles then change your oil and filter very safe and works great

Theres nothing wrong with using sea foam in the brake booster line to remove carbon deposits from the upper half the motor. I have used it dozens of times, atleast every other oil change and have visual improvements everytime.

The idea behind this is just like how you mentioned its like steam cleaning. The sea foam goes in as a liquid while the engine is running. The heat from the motor turns that insto steam and lets those particles sit on the intake and combustion chambers. You shut the engine off for 5 minutes to let the sea foam settle and loosen up carbon particles. Re start and those particles burn off.

I will dig up some photos when I was experimenting with how the pistons looked before treatment and after if you like.

i agree bro seafoam works ti just use berrymans complete combustion chamber fuel kit it seems like more white smoke comes out with berrymans dont use bm b12 its safe but no h2s in it berrymans complet cleaning kit is a (detergent) with 55% petroleum base oil and 45%isa

check ou t the youtube video berrymans vs seafoam the guy with the TA i allways used seafoam but after i tried using bm it made me a beliver hope this helps

im still interseted about the piston washing never see pictures after they been seafoamed i know it works wonders though when i change my oil after seafoaming the engine the oil is real dirty and blk the oil filter is shot i usally run it 200 miles then drop the oil

I dig up my pics from inside the cylinders of before and after. Ive always been too nervous to use it in my oil though. I just think of the detergents in the products and how they could affect the bearings, and the oils lubricating properties.

yeah me tooo i didnt want to dump it in the crank case either lol just dont seem right so i tested itout on my 5.3 it worked great so i did it on my sss and worked great good perventive maintnce all so did it in my wife cadillac 2010 4.0 north star great results about every 30000 miles or so

i agree bro seafoam works ti just use berrymans complete combustion chamber fuel kit it seems like more white smoke comes out with berrymans dont use bm b12 its safe but no h2s in it berrymans complet cleaning kit is a (detergent) with 55% petroleum base oil and 45%isa

check ou t the youtube video berrymans vs seafoam the guy with the TA i allways used seafoam but after i tried using bm it made me a beliver hope this helps

That vid didn't really tell me much. I'll give it a try but that guy seemed like a chewlee's gum rep if you ask me.

Basically hes saying not to use sea foam as it didnt smoke the most. That has to be the most inconclusive test I have seen in my life. He doesnt tell you that the Berrymans kit he has cost $100 either as compared to the $8 for sea foam.

• 4 weeks later...