New mods with pictures

n2opwr

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a couple of pictures of my long tubes that I got from Bowtie70SS. They went on great and came with a set of head pipes with out the cats. Because I don't have a custom tune and no o2 sims, I have to come up with a way to get everything on without a "Check Engine Light." After doing some research on the internet, I read on a Honda forum were you can take a set of anti-fouling spark plug extensions and modify them to move the rear o2 sensors out of the exhaust stream. You can find them in the help section of most auto part stores. You will need two packs of two (total of four) and drill the center hole out to 1/2" on two of them. You will take those and screw each of them into the other extensions. You will then take those and thread them into the existing o2 sensor bungs and screw your o2 sensors into the extensions.

It has worked great for me so far and from what I have read they have been on other people's cars for thousands of miles w/o problems. You will notice some anti-seize in one of the pictures on the exhaust. (better safe than sorry in the future)

DSC00749.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00751.jpg

DSC00754.jpg

Nice looking truck!  What is the purpose of taking the o2s out of the exhaust stream?

When I put the headers on, the head pipes that bolt to the catback do not have any cats. There are rear o2 sensors that monitor your exhaust after the cats to make sure the cats are operating properly. If you don't have any cats or if your cats are failing you will set off a check engine light. This is a way to get around this with out having a custom tune.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello iam new here,I bought the same projectors from ebay and just received yesterday.I didnt have the chance to install them yet since its my christmas present :) What colour do they project?blue purple or white?BTW nice setup!

Edited by BlackThunder (see edit history)

Hello iam new here,I bought the same projectors from ebay and just received yesterday.I didnt have the chance to install them yet since its my christmas present :)  What colour do they project?blue purple or white?BTW nice setup!

They are the same color as your stock headlights. You will have to change the bulbs out if you want any other color