Towing?

jaymoney

i tow my dad's 22ft. boat & trailer that weighs nearly 4500lbs. to the lake and that's about 150 mi. away, i just use drive and the tow haul button, for trailers pending on load i normally use drive and it tows just fine

In city traffic I keep it in 3rd, the forth gear clutches are not very strong, you can burn the up towing a heavy load in 4th in city traffic. On the Hwy I will kick it in to 4th once I am cruising above 65mph. I must be doing good juicing it at the track, driving hard and towing, 55k and still have the stock tranny (knock on wood) :D

Towing my 4500 lb trailer, I just leave it in drive with the tow/haul mode on, and let the computer figure it out, at least for flat lands. Going uphill, if it is steep and long, I will put it in 3 to keep the RPMs up and the manifold vacuum up. I do this to keep the supercharger from kicking in, as I don't think running boost for half an hour at a time would be good :eek: . Interestingly, the MPG is about the same in drive or 3 when going up steep roads, like 4 MPG going up the Grapevine into Los Angeles :uhoh: I suppose slowing down would help, but who wants to do that? :P

- Just noticed you are in Florida, so you probably don't even know what a mountain is... :D

CRW_2062.jpg