Radio ate my CD

Hello all, It seems that everytime I get something fixed on the truck something else goes wrong. After getting an oil leak fixed, I got the truck back and now the radio will not recognize that it has 6 discs in it. so now I cant load or eject the cds. the load light wont blink either.

Does anybody now what could of had happened or how I can go about this and get it fixed.

TIA

i did the same exact thing one time when imy battery died at perris 1.8th mile( you were there) i ended up needing a new head unit and they took 3 months to send me back my 6 cd's and none of them worked because they f'ed them up so bad from removal!! Pretty shitty.

Thanks for hte reply guys, yes I tried holding the button and no it would not budge.

And chase, I believe the same thing happend to my truck. teh guys at the shop told me that the battery did drain and that they had to jump start the truck to get it going again. So it looks like I need a new radio. Looks like I might upgrade to the nav system, if that is the case.

Hello all, It seems that everytime I get something fixed on the truck something else goes wrong.  After getting an oil leak fixed, I got the truck back and now the radio will not recognize that it has 6 discs in it.  so now I cant load or eject the cds.  the load light wont blink either.

Does anybody now what could of had happened or how I can go about this and get it fixed.

TIA

The same thing you described happened to me a while back. I took the head unit out and took the cover off of the top . i had 6 cd's in it and 2 of them were jamed up. i carefully removed them , put the unit back in the dash and it worked fine. :thumbs:

Well, I figured that since I was most likely going to replace the head unit, I wouldnt loose anything by taking it apart and trying to get my cd's back. Well I ended up alligning them up again and put the radio back and it worked just fine. For anybody else that this might happen, it was really easy to do and it only took about 30mins to do. I also took pic if any body needs a walktru.

It seems like i've been reading alot of posts lately about things that have been happening to peoples trucks and I cant say I like it. :banghead: I guess you can say i'm scurred of these things happening to me in the future. And a worse thought is that little things like that have happening to me ever since I bought the truck about 8 months ago. For instance, the seat heaters gave out, my windsheild wiper fluid did not come out,

my speedometer gave out(cluster), throttle respose is very slow sometimes and other times its fast(need 160* Stat), ones of the miror adjusters didn't work. Theirs probebly others, but all i'm trying to say is that this isn't one of my favorite things to read about.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

After spilling about 48 oz. of my Big Gulp into my wife's Denali CD Player, we shipped it out to these guys ....

United Radio ... www.unitedradio.com and for about $100, they serviced it perfectly, and it comes with a 1 or 2 year warranty from them too ...