Physics Problem

Black2003SS

I went to a div I univ. in michigan and started at $50k out of school. My friend works for GM and graduated from one of the top engineering schools in the country, very bright man, and he is in his 4th year at GM and only makes mid $70's. I handle finances for ALOT of engineers and 99% of them dont make over $90k unless they have at least ten years in the business. If you can land a job with a BA in engineering at $90k, good luck, your one in a million. Still make more than that in finance. The top producer where I work makes $300k+ per year and she is only 25. Engineering wasn't for me and my job isn't for everyone either. With that said, engineering is dam fine career and is one of the highest paying salaries out of a 4yr degree. The national average starting salary is about $55k last time I looked.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your professor was giving you the correct answer to the wrong problem. Common perception is that the thrust makes the plane fly, it doesn't. Air streams and how they are interacting with the wings affects how the plane flies. In this scenerio the focus should be on the relationship between the conveyor belt and the wheels. He nailed the flight part but totally forgot ( or whiffed ) on the force part. The car and the dyno was the same example I used when I explained it to my engineers today, ( they all missed it ).