Clay Bar? Who uses one? Whats the BEST

I'm a big fan of zaino. It really helped the wife's black car. People at her work asked her this week what she used on it because it looks so good. I never used the clay bar till I got the zaino kit and it worked great. It does take a long time but it is well worth it. :thumbs:

What kind of motion works best for you guys? Should I stay in one direction (on the hood) such as start from the edge by the cowl and work towards the grill? I wouldn't thing I would wannause this in a circular motion.. correct?

When you wash, dry, or claybar you work up-down on the vertical surfaces (fenders, doors, tailgate) and front-back on the horizontal surfaces (hood, roof); the scratches are less noticeable (optical illusion) and later when you use a rotary or DA polisher it will quickly buff them away.

Mr. P.

You are totally correct on the claybar being Abrasive there are different abraseive levels in clay bars. Meguiars Professional line, which I use in my detail shop, has different levels in there product line. Always start with the least abrasive thing you can if that doesnt work try the next level. And as stated above alway use some sort of lubricant with the clay bay most will recommend something to use with their bars.

i use or should i say my detailer uses Mothers clay bar. i had my old truck clay barred twice a year and i wash/waxed it weekly and carnauba waxed it monthly between visits to evolution ,in the summer and get Kev (my detailer) to do it in the winter :D too cold over here for me lol. he uses mostly Mothers products and the new truck is already booked in for its first clay bar/detail.

Evolution Valet

in my opinion a detailer giving your truck a clay bar is the best money spent to make your truck really shine and stand out from the crowd..

eamonn