Flood salvaged SSS on eBay for < $10K

misterp

Don't know if I would buy that but if someone wanted an SS theres one with low miles. It looks like the only real damage to it was the floor and the speachers on the doors. The wireing is easy to replace cause well I'm an Air Force VM guy. Its a shame to see a truck like that get wasted like that. :cry:

:chevy::flag::chevy:

Don't know if I would buy that but if someone wanted an SS theres one with low miles. It looks like the only real damage to it was the floor and the speachers on the doors. The wireing is easy to replace cause well I'm an Air Force VM guy. Its a shame to see a truck like that get wasted like that.  :cry:

:chevy:  :flag:  :chevy:

:withstupid:

That kinda makes me sad seeing one of our trucks destroyed like that :( but hey 9500 thats a deal!!! If the engine turns over anyways, shouldnt take too much money to get it back in tip top shape, plus the paint still looks good :):driving:

man that is sad too see. i was talking with my father about salvaged vechiles and you can re-register it. i would love to get that. if the engine/tranny worked id think more about it. i work at a electronics place so putting wiring harn. in dont scare me.the body is in great condition....poor ss rest in peace :tear:

Dosent look too bad to me. should be an easy fix to have back on the road in no time.only thing that may need replaced would be the ECM and maby a few other things. ive done work on flood vehicles before and youd be suprised how little it takes to get them going again most of the time.drain and replace all the fluids a couple of times especally the tranny and check the elect.stuff and the rest is mostly just clean up. just depending on how long everything was wet. tis one looks really rasy compared to the ones ive done.

I just did a Katrina flood SSS and everything is fine now. Mine was salt water and the interior looked ok, but when I got it back at the shop and tore it down it was a lot worse than I expected. I ended up buying a wrecked SSS for parts. The transfer case had salt water in it that turned into acid and disolved the magnesium. There was mud under the dash and console, nothing on the seats worked, and there was salt water in the engine. I replaced the entire interior and drive train. It's an 04 and I'm still into it for around $15000 including all the upgrades so I'm real happy and love the truck. Bottom line is be careful and make sure you know what you're getting into.