exhaust

gregor45

I'm thinking of doing a custom catback for my ss, I'm thinking dual inlet dual outlet single magnaflow, both coming out in the stock location.  What do you guys think?

i have a manga flow system 15840 sitting in my garage that exits out the back for $275.00. it only has fifty miles on it

I have a Magnaflow dual in/out with the stock pipes, and really like the sound/performance. Combined with long tube headers w/high flow cats, it just has a nice loud nasty sound to it - especially when the boost comes up. Contrary to popular belief, the original piping on these trucks flows just fine once you get rid of the stock muffler. Some of the aftermarket systems I've heard are either too quiet, or sound to much like a motorboat IMO.

GM Performance Parts Cat-Back. Costs much less than the Magnaflow and Corsa, and its T304 stainless. Sounds great, really turns heads, and has mild drone. If you don't have a lot of money to spend(like me), this is a great alternative. Costs under $650 with the tip. Good luck with your choice. :chevy:

GM Performance Parts Cat-Back.  Costs much less than the Magnaflow and Corsa, and its T304 stainless.  Sounds great, really turns heads, and has mild drone.  If you don't have a lot of money to spend(like me), this is a great alternative.  Costs under $650 with the tip.  Good luck with your choice.  :chevy:

whats the part # for that catback?

GM Performance Parts Cat-Back.  Costs much less than the Magnaflow and Corsa, and its T304 stainless.  Sounds great, really turns heads, and has mild drone.  If you don't have a lot of money to spend(like me), this is a great alternative.  Costs under $650 with the tip.  Good luck with your choice.  :chevy:

whats the part # for that catback?

:chevy: The kit is # 17800765 which goes for around $557 at gmaccessorieszone.com but goes for $493 at crateenginedepot.com.

The stainless tip is #17802143 which goes for around $100 on the GM site, but Crate Engine Depot (A large Chevy Dealership in Michigan) sells it for about $88. There are a variety of tips to choose from.

I got my kit through my buddy who works at a local Chevy dealership here in NY ( and he got it for cost :D ). The kit cost me $473 and the Tip was $84.

Good Luck with your choice, post your results. :cheers: