radix in my truck

sirk

hi. just wondering if the radix would work in my truck. i have a 4x4 2006 vortec max. it has the 4L80 e trans with a bigger trans cooler and such so i dont think id have to upgrade this stuff. any input would be great. and what TC should i look at getting.

i didnt know they were putting the 4l80 in those. if so that a good starting platform, your truck can handle more power than a radix can throw at it. imo id go with something that can oush more power( Vortech or ati, even the new turbo kit allen nelson is designing)

hi. just wondering if the radix would work in my truck. i have a 4x4 2006 vortec max. it has the 4L80 e trans with a bigger trans cooler and such so i dont think id have to upgrade this stuff. any input would be great. and what TC should i look at getting.

Your Vortec MAX has a "Super Duty" transmission which is a 4L70E, unless you swapped that out for a 4L80E on your own. The Radix kit will work on yours. I have been looking into this myself. I want to hit 100MPH in a quarter. I think I will need the Radix to do it. I have concerns also about the transmission and drivability. From what I have heard, the Radix (Magnuson) kit is great for drivability. I have heard of people driving 100K miles with a Radix and a stock tranny. I think these people don't drive it like 04CHASE however. No offense 04CHASE, your truck is insanely fast, but I'm sure you have broken a part or two.

Mike

i have broken a few parts, nothign bad though, i broke the tranny when it wasnt built but now it is and im hoping it will last for a while at least, i have a feeling either its going to go or the motor is next time. btu knock on wood. i dont have anything against the radix but i think so many people worship it when there other kits out there that are capable of more power. i willl say the radix is a well designed kit. there is always a rotrex too from w2w which i know is a very well designed/complete kit that not to many people know about. the 122 upgrade should be making some people with maggie's happy though.

As far as tranmission upgrades go.. No one is safe with any mod that raises your performance. Yeah there are guys with 4-5 psi of boost with a radix who have 100k on them I don't doubt that but with the response directed at chase.. Yeah I broke alot of parts too. And Currently to date my broken parts list.. was not caused by a blower. It was Raw power from a Naturally asperated engine.

No matter what kit you buy it is a good and wise investment to spend time getting some trans upgrades done before you end up wasting money down the road fixing it.

It is cheap insurance to spend even 2k at a trans shop having them put in upgrades to support your blower no matter who makes it. If you are spending 4-5k on any kind of performance mod why half ass it and not spend the money to get the trans work done. You will be happier and safer across the line with that.

As for the new guy.. You need to listen closely to the guys who are giving you feedback because if you don't know everything about your truck's current performance it is really easy to get yourself in hot water fast by buying stuff from people not knowing what you have. By this I mean the transmission.. 4l80 parts are not at all compatable with a 4l70 and neither is the tuning.

as 04CHASE said, I would def look at the front mount turbo that Allen is now installing in many truck. He now has track times with a truck very similar to yours. It was a 4x4 LQ4 with 33 inch tires and i think it ran aroun 13.7. It dropped more than 2 seconds with the turbo alone. It also allows you to buiuld up to 5psi on the line! Which is unheard of with a turbo.

as 04CHASE said, I would def look at the front mount turbo that Allen is now installing in many truck.  He now has track times with a truck very similar to yours.  It was a 4x4 LQ4 with 33 inch tires and i think it ran aroun 13.7.  It dropped more than 2 seconds with the turbo alone.  It also allows you to buiuld up to 5psi on the line!  Which is unheard of with a turbo.

Nelson's kit does look good but I think the Kit parish had before let him build boost on the line too.. My blazer build's it off idle without the brakes.. so.. it's not unheard of.

But what this guy hasn't said is he is in canada and has to have it installed by a a shop.. I don't think the turbo is the right idea for him. He has no access to PCM tuning up there either.

I am usually tight lipped about praisng the rotrex casue I wanted to be the first SS with one. The are nice and complete units, and now the A2W intercooler is ready. My guess is this will out perform the radix...now if I could just find some money to be the first...