O2 Sensor help

SuperSport

Hey,

I wanted to see if anyone knew a place to get O2 sensors cheap. I am looking for a 12572705 GM part #. Its the stock Denso for an 04 SS.

My other question was if there was anyway to clean an O2 sensor without damaging it ??  :banghead:

Thanks

Im sure youve checked google, but the cheapest I found was $50...

http://www.car-stuff.com/cs_auto/mmpb-vp/c...cs446d4ecfa8cb2

I thought the O2 sensors were supposed to last well past 100K, is the 408 doing the damage?

As far as cleaning here is some idea from google again, then again I always thought you cant clean O2 sensors:

"If you are not getting a voltage and the car has been running rich lately, the sensor may be carbon fouled. It is sometimes possible to clean a sensor in the car. Do this by unplugging the sensor harness, warming up the engine, and creating a lean condition at about 2000 rpm for 1 or 2 minutes. Create a big enough vacuum leak so that the engine begins to slow down. The extra heat will clean it off if possible. If not, it was dead anyway, no loss. In either case, fix the cause of the rich mixture and retest. If you don't, the new sensor will fail."

Edited by SoCalSS (see edit history)

in my experience, i would stick with either a denso sesnsor (who dosn't offer the sensors in the after market yet)  or go straight back to the dealer and buy a new set.  you pay for quality with o2's.  and alot of the aftermarkets are not up to snuff. :thumbs:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking also. I found a new one on ebay, but needed to find another one. The dealer wanted 114.xx, and Gmpartsdirect wants 95.xx shipped, so I thought there had to be someone cheaper. I guess I will keep looking.