Want an SS

jballer323

i'm with everyone else. a SSS is too much vehicle and too much cost for a first vehicle. mine was a 82 Monte Carlo 3.8l v6 with 128,000 miles that i inherited from my dad. i moved on to my first truck after 254,000 miles. and that was an 86 Chevy Custom Deluxe long bed.

In my experience, get something less expensive you can have fun with. If you get a $30k truck for your first one, the next one you get won't be as exciting. My parents and g-parents helped me purchase a 4cyl S10 when I was 18. I loved that truck and made every single payment and insurance payment on it until it was paid off. After that, I(by myslef) bought a nicer S10. I've had two other vehicles before my SSS, a 2dr Blazer and a 03 Z71, that I have purchased by myself. Being able to get some help from your parental units is nice to get you on your feet, but for them to buy you something doesn't feel as good. I turn 30 in a couple of weeks and I'm thankful to my parents and g-parents for helping me to get that little s10 that taught me to respect and care for my vehicles. I know it sucks when you see something you want really bad at a young age and you want your parents to get it for you, but it's always a better feeling to do it yourself. Hope this helps.

v

Ask Dub_26 how he did it.. He's probably the right guy to ask about this....

My dad bought me the truck...mom bought the rims...but I think im going to sell it because im tired of the look of it...(no offense, its a nice truck..but I want a different look..) Im probably going to get a benz S500 or something along those lines..my parents give me everything I want all I have to do is ask :D

Edited by 26dub_SS (see edit history)

sometimes you feel better about yourself if you work for your what you want. my mom told me when i bought my 88 bronco 2 and my 99 s10 that "i have to crawl before i can walk". i didn't want to wait but eventually i got what i wanted. my mom never helped me with my car purchases just because she never had the money to, and im happy she didn't help me.

Alan

:withstupid: The popular car when I was in HS was the IROC Z28. I wanted one soooooo bad, but my parents told me to go to work and earn the money to pay for it. Never got one, btw (ended up buying a 70 GTO instead). My point is, now I can get what I want, and I have a much better appreciation for it, and I'm glad my parents made me work for what I want instead of handing it to me.

My dad bought me the truck...mom bought the rims...but I think im going to sell it because im tired of the look of it...(no offense, its a nice truck..but I want a different look..) Im probably going to get a benz S500 or something along those lines..my parents give me everything I want all I have to do is ask :D

from your picture you posted a while ago, you look more like a Benz guy anyways.

from your picture you posted a while ago, you look more like a Benz guy anyways.

Thx man...you mean this pic? :thumbs:

d.jpg

me.jpg

Hey guys,

I am a new member and I am a huge fan of the SS. I am always trying to convince my dad to get me and SS for my first car. Do any of you guys have any ideas on how I could convince him.. His main concern is gas mileage.

Any ideas will help. :)

The motor has a feature where it shuts down cylinders when your cruising at a constant speed for efficiency. It's a safe vehicle. All trucks can be negotiated down to nothing because no one wants to buy them (because of gas prices) and with an intake you'll get 20-21 on the highway. and with a pickup, you can do anything! :thumbs:

ES :flag:

Most people dont appreciate things that are GIVEN them,while people that have to work and earn things and wait to aquire things seen to care for there things more.

:withstupid:

i pay for everything on my own, and some people get 10X more expensive cars than me and they don't care about them. That's just the way it is.

Give me your rims :D When you off the truck that is.