Lost my little buddy today

Bonj87

I know how you feel :tear: Mom wrapped one of dad's presents in the box that came with the urn that houses Holly's ashes.(urn is now on a shelf with sydney, sally and molly) I don't think she realized it though. I think I was the only one who noticed. :tear: I almost lost it.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey congrats on the great news :cheers::thumbs: ... i was honestly choking up alittle while i read ur initial post and some of the one's that followed. but im definately glad to see ur ready to share the lov with another pup hope u get her soon....

oh yeah plus u cant beat a NEW PUPPY & a NEW SHIFT KIT :D:thumbs:

good luck bro...

-Rob

Good Deal!!!!! I'm glad you found another puppy to take over the void in your heart. I do hope you get her, and soon.

I told my wife after we put our dog Molly down (4.5 years old Golden Retriever/Epileptic), you will never find another one like her, same pesonnality and such. Boy was I wrong ... McKenzie has all the same quirks and playfullness of Molly, but without the seizures ...

Good luck on your new addition!!!

Good Deal!!!!! I'm glad you found another puppy to take over the void in your heart. I do hope you get her, and soon.

I told my wife after we put our dog Molly down (4.5 years old Golden Retriever/Epileptic), you will never find another one like her, same pesonnality and such. Boy was I wrong ... McKenzie has all the same quirks and playfullness of Molly, but without the seizures ...

Good luck on your new addition!!!

my parents had the same thing. they had to put down their 2 yr old golden (Duncan) that had sudden kidney failure a week before his second bday. they got another golden (Connor) and he is very similar in personality.

as for the names, my dad was a big Highlander fan. both the movie (the original mostly) and the tv series.

ok.. i think ive finally made up my mind!

Im going to get another puppy!!!

i found one that looks so much like Jingles, i almost fell off my chair.

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displa...i?petid=9222886

i filled out the application.. and im just waiting to hear.

glad to hear you found one that you can attach yourself to. hopefully all works out for you! :cheers:

Glad to hear it! Show pics of the new baby when you get it home!

Also, glad to see you used a shelter!!! petfinder.com is great at searching nationally for a pet. We used it to get our newest kitty, Grace, a 10 month old Seal Point Siamese. She had been shot in the side with a .177 pelet gun, and dumped near an old farm house and left for dead. She also has Cerebellar Hypoplasia (a disorder caused by the mother getting distemper in the last stages of her pregnancy). Cerebellar Hypoplasia effects her balance, so she walks with a wobble, but otherwise she is pretty much just like any other kitty. (Grace is the one in the upper right, also shown Manny on the left is a 5 year old male, and Lilly 1.5 year old female on the lower right, all Seal Point, all from shelters)

post-7241-1192717944_thumb.jpg

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

the shelter said they'd check on my online application.. i think they come out and check out our house and meet us and stuff right?

No, they didn't in our case anyway. The shelter just contacted our local vet to make sure our pets receive proper care. They also called our other local shelters to make sure they didn't have any problems with our other adoptions. They can also do general background checks for criminal history, financial situation, etc to look for trouble spots that could be a bad situation for the pet (poor people living in a small apartment wouldn't be able to afford the food/space requirements for a huge Great Dane for instance). It's done to make sure they don't sell a pet to someone that will just neglect the animal and to avoid the pet getting back into the sytem via a return.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep looking. When the right dog comes along, it'll all come together. My black lab, Shelby, was the second black lab puppy I encountered in one week in July of 2003. The first one, a runaway found in the neighborhood, had his folks show up, so off he went. A friend in a vet's office called a few days later to tell us about a "leftover" lab one of their clients (a breeder) had. So for the princely sum of $100.00 (papers were extra) I picked up my leftover lab and have laughed at least once a day ever since.

Your story choked me up, until Shelby came up and nudged the laptop with her snout...