4l60 from F body to SSS?

H8R

I could get a really nice deal on a built 4l60 with 3200 convertor, but need to know if it will fit the truck.

thanks

:cheers:

Yes it will fit but you need to change out the output shaft to a 4WD unit as well as the tail shaft housing will need to be swapped over.

What size is the converter 9.5" or 10.5"? Is it a single disc or a multi-disc? Personally I think a 3200 stall converter is too big for a street driven truck. Also if its not a 10.5" and its not a multi-disc you may have problems down the road with the lock-up failing, 9.5" and a single disc is too small for a heavy truck like a SS.

I could get a really nice deal on a built 4l60 with 3200 convertor, but need to know if it will fit the truck.

thanks

:cheers:

Yes it will fit but you need to change out the output shaft to a 4WD unit as well as the tail shaft housing will need to be swapped over.

What size is the converter 9.5" or 10.5"? Is it a single disc or a multi-disc? Personally I think a 3200 stall converter is too big for a street driven truck. Also if its not a 10.5" and its not a multi-disc you may have problems down the road with the lock-up failing, 9.5" and a single disc is too small for a heavy truck like a SS.

ifyou think 3200 is to big then hell i must of had over kill. i had 3800

I don't mean to hijack but will the tb converter fit a f body 4l60e?

Yes it will work but I have heard of a few guys who have used them with Radix's and after a few months the lockup clutch takes a dump. Once that happens it dumps clutch material throughout your transmission and you need to have the transmission refreshed. I would spend the extra bucks and get a good converter like a Precision Industries 10.5" triple disc 2600 stall.