help me decide..exhaust

ro9beam2002

hey guys... i am having a hard time deciding which exhaust to get... here are the 2 choices...

corsa touring vs b&b , rear exits di/do

they are pretty much the same price... mod wise .. have the westers tune.. outlaw cai.. msd's..etc..the truck is a 2004 sierra denali 6.0.. the most i will ever do to the truck in the furture might be some high flow cats and headers...

whats gonna sound the best with the possible future mods? also are the corsa touring muffs just as free flowing as the di/do on the b&b ones?.... help me decide..lol.. i can slip this past the wife.. just have to make a decision soon..lol

does anyone have a sound clip of the b&b di/do to the rear.. on there trucks?..would like to hear that one

Edited by ro9beam2002 (see edit history)

Personally, I found the B&B to be too loud - had it for a week and changed to a Magnaflow.  If you have a wife or entertain clients with your truck, B&B, in my opinion, is not a good choice.

the wife wouldnt really mind.. but i do entertain clients... going to there home..selling..etc.. that is what i was worried about .. blaring up there driveway...etc.. which magnaflow did you use? happen to have a sound clip?

I have the Magnaflow 15838 Cat Back Exhaust. There are sound clips on Magnflow's site http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd...=Trucks&id=1292

One thing to be careful of is where the sound clip is recorded. One site had clips from outside the truck, as you drive away, which really does not tell you what it is like inside. The only time the magnaflow is really loud is at part throttle (say constant speed going up a grade) - full throttle is quieter!. The magnaflow kit is very easy to install, the hardest part is getting the stock exhaust off, especially the mounts through the rubber hangers.

It is a hard choice, so best wishes.

yes it is a hard choice...lol... take a look at these exhausts systems zoomers.. some nice ones in there..

just scroll down and hit play video's on the links.. i really like the sound of that jeep srt8 taking off... what compares to that sound?

they don't have a kit for the sd or ss yet... but the man said he can send out everything to do the job... any muffler shop should be able to complete.... http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/vehicle_chevrolet_tahoe.asp

here is a caddy one http://zoomersexhaust.com/vehicle_cadillac_cts_v.asp

here is a avalanche one also.. not bad on the take off and seems very quiet on the interior when he was close to 100mph...lol

here is a nice jeep srt8 it really lurches forward

http://zoomersexhaust.com/vehicle_jeep_cherokee_srt8.asp

http://zoomersexhaust.com/v ehicle_chevrolet_avalanche.asp

i think there was a hummer on there and a few others

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27322

Click that for Cali's Corsa setup.. Touring / Sport with LT's.

An Enforcer Exhaust Clip...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=1487530612

Those Zoomers sounded nice at startup... but that's about it.. =-/

Magnaflows or Corsa with LT's... <3

the search is over.. i went ahead and ordered the corsa touring... i couldnt resist the price.. and the sound

in the meantime.. i figured i might add some high flow cats.. what are the best brands to look at? what size?..... and should a x-pipe be added if i choose to do this mod?... 2.5 or 3 inch?........ what is the stock size exhaust on our trucks? i was told the stock manifolds flow pretty decent...

Sorry to late to the thread - you made the right choice IMO on the Corsa Touring, the reason I say is that it has a *professional* sound to it. You say you entertain clients and this is a very impressive system in that regard, if you drive the truck sedately then it is no louder than stock and there is never any drone in the cab, but when you pull away from the curb the exterior exhaust note leaves one hell of an impression even when just easing away, it just sounds "polished" for lack of a better term. You'll really love it.

Hi-flow cats... well I am not argiung their benifits but I would expect to see more for my dollar installing a good set of LT headers first. And I would skip the x-pipe with the Corsa system.

Mr. P. :)

Sorry to late to the thread - you made the right choice IMO on the Corsa Touring, the reason I say is that it has a *professional* sound to it.  You say you entertain clients and this is a very impressive system in that regard, if you drive the truck sedately then it is no louder than stock and there is never any drone in the cab, but when you pull away from the curb the exterior exhaust note leaves one hell of an impression even when just easing away, it just sounds "polished" for lack of a better term.  You'll really love it.

Hi-flow cats... well I am not argiung their benifits but I would expect to see more for my dollar installing a good set of LT headers first.  And I would skip the x-pipe with the Corsa system.

Mr. P. :)

how much of a difference is there between the touring and the sport?

:dunno:

Surprisingly very little IMO. In-cab I heard no difference, the two Corsa trucks sound the same to me at idle, part-throttle, and WOT. Exterior the Sport is maybe a degree louder than the Touring but the largest difference is the 'character' of the two systems in their exterior noise, the Sport has more of a 'wailing' sound or 'uncorked' sound at WOT especially when you get the revs up. I was a little gunshy at the time and that is why I bought the Touring, now I would not change that decision (I love the Touring) but now I would not discourage anyone from getting the Sport.

Mr. P.

you will be a happy man with that corsa. i installed corsa sport/high-flow cats and LT pacesetters a little while back, and its simpily amazing. :thumbs: the only time its not loud is when your at idle, or your set at a constant low rpm range. other then that, the rumble is very addicting, something like crack. :jester: . mid rpm range it sounds like flowmasters, but when you get on it good, its got that deep aggressive muscle car sound. people must think i have a 408 when im on it. you really can't ask for a better system. :thumbs:

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)