New GM Key Fob

cwest94

Has anyone seen or heard about the new key fob GM is going to bring out this coming spring time? It has a nice extended rang with all the normal keyless entry stuff with remote start and other things, all on a LCD screen display. Here is a link:

New GM Key Fob

I also see that GM is going to build a Chevy Equinox S. It has the same front as the TBSS and Silverado SS, but with one less 'S' in the name. Guess GM now see's they made a big mistake using the 'SS" plate on everything the last couple years.

Guess GM now see's they made a big mistake using the 'SS" plate on everything the last couple years.

Why was that a mistake? :wtf: I liked it :thumbs:

i don't know i think about the only car they missed was the aveo.

Alan

...At the same time, GM will no longer offer a SS version of the Malibu.

"That's one that probably shouldn't have gotten the SS label," Chevrolet Marketing Director Cheryl Catton said...

this is so true... IMO the Malibu SS was a joke... :nonod:

I think the new key fob is neat and I'm sure it will be a option with more cars and trucks as the year goes on, it's just starting out with the cadillac at first. I wish it could be programmed to work with our trucks, but I dont see that it could be, I'm sure there is a different computer that it talks too.

I currently own two chevy cars ( the Silverado SS and a ZR2 Blazer) and my last couple cars before these were a chevy, and I will have to say that GM did over use the SS lable the last couple years. I think it was dumb to see that lable on a ugle Malibu Max and a cobalt. Don't get me wrong, I do like the looks of the Cobalt SS, but I dont think it lives up to the SS plate.

I think the new key fob is neat and I'm sure it will be a option with more cars and trucks as the year goes on, it's just starting out with the cadillac at first.  I wish it could be programmed to work with our trucks, but I dont see that it could be, I'm sure there is a different computer that it talks too.

I currently own two chevy cars ( the Silverado SS and a ZR2 Blazer) and my last couple cars before these were a chevy, and I will have to say that GM did over use the SS lable the last couple years.  I think it was dumb to see that lable on a ugle Malibu Max and a cobalt.  Don't get me wrong, I do like the looks of the Cobalt SS, but I dont think it lives up to the SS plate.

IMO there is only two current vehicles that live up to the SS badge. Our trucks and TBSS. Impala.....JOKE! Monte Carlo.......JOKE! I don't even have to mention the rest....... :tear:

IMO there is only two current vehicles that live up to the SS badge.  Our trucks and TBSS.  Impala.....JOKE!  Monte Carlo.......JOKE!  I don't even have to mention the rest....... :tear:
:withstupid: I'd add the Cobalt SS though, those have a lot of potential.

Mr. P. :)