GM Performance Exhaust

CNE

This is the kit I have had my eye on also.  The part number for the SS is 17800765.  It is a "Performance" system.  GM does not have a "Touring" system for the SS.  The kit is made by BORLA.

I also would like feedback.  I am concerned about the post stating there is a drone at 2000 RPM's.  This is about where I'd be pulling a trailer at 65 with my truck.  Is the part number above the one you have?

More feedback please.

Mike

Yes that is the kit I have.....and the tip is number 17802143. The drone is not bad, a nice mellow tone that is pleasant to listen to other than your stereo.

GM does not have a touring system for the SS because the SS comes with the touring system from the factory. You won't be sorry with the mean growl of this kit.

Dan

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

The system I am looking at is a GM Performance Catback system, all stainless with a single exit and yes, the tip is seperate. The kit will cost me $429 plus the tip, I think about $40-50. I was just wondering if anybody else had this kit and if you liked it.

Yes, it sounds awesome. You cannot beat the price of the kit as compared to Corsa and the others..................

just buy a muffler and weld it in, the stock piping is perfectly fine. No need to dump $400+ on a simple exhaust set-up. Although I would not weld up the stock exit, thats where I had interior noise, once I chopped that off, nice and quiet inside but loud outside.

Again, the system I am talking about is NOT Borla, or Corsa. I have seen and installed these systems on trucks and Corvettes at the dealership. To me, they are too loud for everyday driving and I don't want to hear the moan and drone at 65 mph. This GM Performance Parts system is just that GM, and doesn't drone like the others. I'll hear my noise at the track with the cutouts open.

BORLA is the current manufacturer of GM Performance Parts cat-back exhaust systems. In previous years, CORSA has made some systems for GM, and CORSA systems are still GM approved. GM Performance Parts only puts their "stamp" on the BORLA systems.

Also, there is no direct crossover from a BORLA part to the GM part number. The systems are "custom" made for GM by BORLA.

Mike

I stand corrected, I did not know that they made these for GM, My bad.

Edited by CNE (see edit history)