Portable air compressors

fox_forma

Well I just got back from SEAR's and bought the 33 gal one. Came with a $100 package as well with an impact gun, air ratchet and an air hammer. I figured it would do the job fine, plus I started thinking about the noise and then realized, I shouldnt care about it, hell I fire up my quads in the garage all the time and I'm sure they are a lot louder than some air compressor. Seems like a good buy so we'll see how it performs in the long run.

I have the craftsman 33 gal. horizontal one. Works great. I got it on clearance ( I think it was a mislabeled) for $132 with the free tool kit. It was the only one they had at that price.

$132 :eek: That is crazy, you got hooked up then. I paid $300 for the vertical compressor, a craftsman air tool kit, and I got an air hose with adapters for free, the lady thought it was part of the package but damn $132 is just nuts. I havent fired it up yet but how loud is this thing. Just curious cause that seems to be a drawback for a lot of people although it really doesnt bother to much. Also have you ever ran it with an extension cord? It says not to but I dont see any other way I am going to get power to it cause I only have 1 outlet in my garage and its above my work bench are where the tank cant fit anywhere around? Ever trip your circuit breakers as well, i read a few reviews about that happening on start up?

Edited by fox_forma (see edit history)

Yes it is loud but I can't complain. :jester: YES it blew my breaker every time at first and once in a while now when it gets up to pressure but I plug it into a surge suppresor so I just reset it there instead of going into the house and down into the basement.

yeah i got the surge protector which is about 4ft, but where the tank is I'm still about 2ft short. The damn cord for my tank is like 3ft and its on the front of it so its a PITA. I think I'm going to have my buddy run a new outlet for me

well i got it fired up and it trips the breaker withing 30sec or so now. When I first fired it up for break in as they say I had it running for about 15min with no problems but now it trips the breaker. It seems the breaker the garage outlet is on is also the same one for the outside outlet, upstairs bathroom outlets and I believe thats it. Not to sure why it decides it wants to trip now but I need to figure something out. Maybe dedicate a line and breaker just for the garage outlet? Also the breaker that is tripping isnt the one labeled garage, + all the others, its the breaker that has the test button/switch on it as well. My buddy said maybe a nu-sense trip is going on? Anyone have any input on this?

Oh and this bitch is LOUD!!!!!!