Has anybody tried 305-50-20 tires

Bill 03 SS

Krambo has my old ones. I never ran them on stock height, but I did run them with the truck lowered.

305/50/20 BFG G-Force T/A's on 20 x 10" Konig No Roads. Wheels had 5" backspacing.

AUT_5768.jpg

AUT_5764.jpg

AUT_5444.jpg

AUT_5448.jpg

Now I am running 285/45/22's on 9" Wide Centerlines

AUT_7176-1.jpg

AUT_7179-1.jpg

AUT_7183-1.jpg

Edited by AUTOGUY (see edit history)

Krambo has my old ones. I never ran them on stock height, but I did run them with the truck lowered.

305/50/20 BFG G-Force T/A's on 20 x 10" Konig No Roads. Wheels had 5" backspacing.

I'm thinkin they were Konig NoRoad :jester:

How did you figure that? :jester: I bought them from one of my wholesale accounts. I do not recall the price, it was almost 2 years ago, and I am sure they have gone up in price since.

I have been running 305 -50 -20 falcons on mine since August and I love them. :thumbs:

Thanks for the input no problems rubing when full turned and how do they look big diff. from stock

No problems whatsoever. they are the same height as stock size but are 1-2 inches wider. :chevy:

I have been running 305 -50 -20 falcons on mine since August and I love them. :thumbs:

How much did they change the driving characteristics? Over/understeer? rubbage and bumpage?

cant tell any difference other than the wider appearance :cool:

AUT_5768.jpg

AUT_5764.jpg

AUT_5444.jpg

AUT_5448.jpg

Now I am running 285/45/22's on 9" Wide Centerlines

AUT_7176-1.jpg

AUT_7179-1.jpg

AUT_7183-1.jpg

i like the new wheels better, and love the hockey stripe on red trucks, i just dont think it looks right on a black one

They will gently rub the inner fender on a lock 2 lock turn with the 5" backspacing. Nothing to be concerned with. The CHP truck ran 305/50s on the stock rims and loved them except they had concerns with the (stock) rim being too narrow. Not a safety concern but a performance concern.

As for the BFG T/A KDWs...I love them. Expensive tires but a noticeable difference in grip. They like to squeel whereas the stock GYs tended to spin without making a noise. My only issue with the size is that they tend to follow the ruts in the road when on a highway and will tend to dart. kind of annoying when you are on a crappy highway.

I don't have a pic looking from behind but that is where the difference is most noticeable.

I found a couple more. The first one is compared to the original tires. The originals are 31.9" Tall and the 305's are 32.00", so there is barely a difference in heigth. They are much wider as you can see.

post-3330-1167236565_thumb.jpg

post-3330-1167236622_thumb.jpg