Video - two races = 1 loss and 1 win

Black2003SS

Two races on vid...

First one = Loss

Turbo Cavy

So I am cruising up a freeway in an undisclosed location and come across this decked out cavy with carbon fiber hood and etc. On the back bumper, just below the tail lights, I see the word "turbo"...now, I am laughing...but not for long. I grabbed my camera to get a good story and my g/f is in the car with me. We both hit just as I get the camera on and you can see him pull on me like you wouldnt believe...oh and he also waves buh bye to me. Since my truck is a low 14's truck and freeway speeds are my weakness, I suspect this is at least a low 13's if not high 12's cavy...Turbo sounded awesome and I was thoroughly impressed, although a little embarassed. Oh well...would have been different had I had my supercharger installed. But alot of good it does in the box in the garage!

Second Race = WIN

Cobalt SS

At the same time I was playing with the cavy, this little red cobaltSS showed up. He wanted to play too. He first had a go with the turbo cavy, he learned the same lesson I did. Then he decided he wanted to play with me...again just got the camera ready...this time I had the upper hand got the W. He must have been stock and maybe even an auto, but it was supercharged for sure.

All in all it was fun. Truck sounded good and ran good. Not to mention I had another person and about 300-400 punds of luggage, presents, and hunting gear in the truck!

either the cobalt wasnt trying or didnt know what the hell was going on , they are good for a low 14 also , the supercharged ones all come stick. if he was trying then your truck moves pretty good because you pulled on him pretty decent.

the turbo cav is pretty cool , if i had it i woul dditch the turbo and cf hood , that is the ultimate sleeper.

man all these race stories make me want to drive my SS, its been almost a month since ive driven it. :banghead:

You think so? I thought they were weak up top too and just had low end torque off the line? Alot of people are saying it should have been closer :dunno: He might have let off once I got in front of him, but he was flogging it and we ran it a few times, but I didn't get them all on film :sigh:

nice videos dude, but that Cobalt SS should have reeled you in. Also, if the first guy wants his cavalier to have the ricer tuner image :puke: (i.e. CF hood), he should ditch those crappy factory 14" plastic wheel covers for something nicer................. :chevy:

• 3 weeks later...

My buddy got a cobalt ss the same day i got my Intimidator. We raced twice, both times from a red light. smoked him the first time by at least a truck length, and the second time he was late to the light and was still rolling a little(even though he says he was stopped completely). He got a big jump on me because he was rolling but i was pulling on him thru 1st and 2nd, but we hit a hill and my truck died once I hit 3rd.

My buddy got a cobalt ss the same day i got my Intimidator. We raced twice, both times from a red light. smoked him the first time by at least a truck length, and the second time he was late to the light and was still rolling a little(even though he says he was stopped completely). He got a big jump on me because he was rolling but i was pulling on him thru 1st and 2nd, but we hit a hill and my truck died once I hit 3rd.

3rd gear sucks on the SS............... :banghead: