Auto-Headlight Sensor

Stitches040

Hey all ...

I have a question about the Auto-Headlight Sensor on the dashboard. I've done a search and have found no difnitive answers.

Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor? My headlights come on way early in the evening and stay on pretty late into the morning. Now that I am going to install a Cowl hood onto the SSS. I know there will now be a shadow cast from the hood, that may cause even more prematurity in turning on the lights.

So, does anyone know how to adjust it? or do you think that it is something that can be reprogrammed into the BCM at the dealership?

Thanks in advance ....

Not that I know of, no.

mines the same way but if i don't need em on i just cut em off, but there's no way to adjust them @ all

I do that too ... but I keep my interior lights/dash lights low ... so it just annoys me having to constantly adjust the dash lighting for day then night then day .. etc ...

Just want a permenent fix

Not that I know of, no.

mines the same way but if i don't need em on i just cut em off, but there's no way to adjust them @ all

I do that too ... but I keep my interior lights/dash lights low ... so it just annoys me having to constantly adjust the dash lighting for day then night then day .. etc ...

Just want a permenent fix

Disconnect it! Just cut the wires to it and tape up the cut wires.

yea, just turn the knob to the left and the light located there will light up orange, which means that the lights are off. when you turn it all the way to the left the knob wont stay there, but it will kill your lights. pull up close to your garage so you can see the reflection when you mess w/ them so you can figure it out. i do this all the time to turn off the daytime running lights, that way you dont have to mess w/ your dash lights.

yea, just turn the knob to the left and the light located there will light up orange, which means that the lights are off. when you turn it all the way to the left the knob wont stay there, but it will kill your lights. pull up close to your garage so you can see the reflection when you mess w/ them so you can figure it out. i do this all the time to turn off the daytime running lights, that way you dont have to mess w/ your dash lights.

Very much NOT what he was looking for...

I don't think you can adjust the auto-timer. The only thing I can think of is maybe, someone with HPT might be able to look around and find something for that doubt it though. The lights are controled by the BCM, and not the PCM.

this might be far fetched, but what about adding resistors inline with the light sensor. Afterall, the light sensor is a resistor right, so if you added resistance or removed some, then maybe you could get the effect that your looking for. It will take some trial and error or some electrical engineereing but maybe it could be done.... Just a thought

have you tried calling the dealer? i know with new international trucks with multiplexing if the truck doesn't come with an electrical device, fog lights or whatever, and you put it on they have to go into their "bodybuilder" program and set it up and assign a switch. if the dealer has a program like this they might be able to adjust it.

Edited by wody (see edit history)