OEM Wheel Weight vs. Replica Wheel Weight

alz28

Dose anyone know how much the OEM SS wheels weigh without tires? I will buy some replicas if the weight is the same or less, but don`t want to add any weight by going with the replicas. I know the ZO6 replicas weight more than the OEM ZO6 wheels. I just want to see if anyone knows the stock 20 X 8.5s SS wheel weight.

Thanks Al

well the reason my times with the 22's were better , my 22's are lighter than the stock 20's because they are forged. they weigh around 7-9 lb slighter per wheel than the 20's. i think the stocks weigh about 84lbs with tires.

if your referring to the time at the track after i ran the 18's then 22's that was weird but we found that it was throwing in extra fuel for the 18's where it was normal afr when i ran the 22's.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the 22' replicas, I didn't weigh them but they feel heavier than the stock rims on the truck, I don't really care about track times or anything so it's not something that kept me from getting them, if you go to the DFW truck meet pictures in the events/gathering forum and look at the last group picture you can see mine, it's the 3rd truck from right(1st black one).

Edited by northtexasSS (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have a pic of truck with replica 22s?

Go to the Events/Gathering forum and find the Pic of DFW meet(probably still on 1st page), the black truck in the last group picture is mine and I have the replicas. PM me if you want me to email you a couple more. There is another guy on here that has them and his sig. picture is a good one too.

I think the stocker without tire weighs in at 45lbs. I had one shipped to me and that was the weight, but I can weigh it on thursday if yall want.

That sounds about right; that is the reason I bought my 20" Centerlines, to reduce unsprung weight. Also remember that your tire choice has a major effect, different sizes and manufacturer's can easily cause a weight difference of 5-15 lbs per tire.

Mr. P.