Felx-a-lite fan install

I started to tear into installing the e-fans tonight and realized I didnt have a big enough wrench for the nut on the clutch fan holding it to the water pump pulley. :wtf: Also, when facing the front of the motor, you want to turn counter clockwise correct? The directions said to turn the wrench in the direction of the fan rotation, which would be counter clockwise. I didnt even have an adjustable to fit it! :crackup: Going to buy an opened end wrench so I want to knwo what size to buy.

I just put my fans in last night but I took the fan off while the water pump was off for the cam install. I had to get a strap wrench to hold the black pulley and used a large monkey wrench to turn the nut counter clockwise. I hit it once with a hammer and it came loose pretty quick but I had sprayed it with oil the night before.

Good luck!

On a side note, what harness are you using? I installed the 05' GM fans with the nelson harness and it was great! The only thing I'm not sure of is which green wire to tap. The instructions say there are 3 different green wires... dark, light and one with a stripe and that they could all be the one. I used the dark one and will have to wait for tomorrow to see if it works when I get the truck running.

All done guys!! Put them in this evening. I went to sears and bought the biggest damn crescent wrench they had... :wtf: Put that sucker on the nut, got a soft blow hammer, hit it once, nothing, hit harder...and guess what? The nut came lose :thumbs:

It only took about 10 minutes from opening the hood to getting the upper/lower shroud and fan/clutch assembly off. 20 minutes later, I had the e-fans installed and hung. The long part was all the wiring.

I didnt use any harness. I installed them exactly the way the instructions said from flex-a-;ite. I also installed a manual ON switch underneath the dash. I'm very happy with the install and my handy work. :D The fans come at about 185-190 (adjusted th VSC that came with the fans) and shut off when the temp gets down to where it should be. If I want, I can turn the fans on manually. If I get time sometime, maybe I will install the manual OFF switch, but I doubt it. I might end up eventually getting a nelson harness, but doesnt look like I'll need it any time soon.