Extended Warranty Offer

GetWithIt

I've been receiving letters the last couple of weeks offering an extended warranty on my truck...............the problem is, it's from an outside company called "DP"..Dealer Processing.............has anybody ever heard of this company?

Just about every yahoo is sending out extended warranty offers.. don't touch anything unless it comes from GMAC or GM directly. They are mostly scam operations

I heard the extended warranty offer through GM isnt that good, any truth behind this? I only have about 5months left on my warranty and my truck only has 24k on the clock. And with my luck as soon as warranty is up something major will go. I would sure hate to sell the truck to buy something new with a warranty

Edited by fox_forma (see edit history)

I actually got the extended though dahlmer chrysler becuase Gage where I got the truck has a dodge right next to them that does the actual warranty.. gm techs still work on it to 72,000 and its a really comprehensive coverage.

Gm' gets a bit sketchy past 36,000 on older warranties but.. with their new approach things might be changing its hard to say without actually being there myself yet

i have mine through MBP Network. my fiance's dad owns a dealership and he prefers to use this company rather than any of the gm warranties. my truck is covered til 2011 or 100k miles bumper to bumper except on parts that designed to wear out. when you take your vehicle they basically give you a credit card number over the phone to pay for the expense.

Just about every yahoo is sending out extended warranty offers.. don't touch anything unless it comes from GMAC or GM directly. They are mostly scam operations

Not completely true. While I am sure that there are 'scam operations' out there, the warranty that I was sold by my dealership has paid for itself... on my Impala. I'm hoping I don't need it on my SS. If I don't use it, the company actually refunds the purchase price back to me ($1500).

I didn't believe it. I took it to our lawyer that I have look over our contracts, etc., and he said it was actually true. If I use say $1000 of the warranty, I get 20% less of what the leftover is ($500 - 20% = $400)

The Impala I purchased used with 20k on the clock, but it was beyond the 3 year point. Air Conditioner compressor went out, paid. Dash cluster gave some issues, paid. Stereo (which I had the dealer swap out for GM 6 disc) paid. Then, the intake gasket, paid. I've had the car for 3 years, still have 2 years of warranty left, and have more than re-couped the $800 I paid for it.

And, if that's not enough, as long as I return it to my original purchase dealership, I have a disappearing deductible. I can't recall for the life of me the name of the warranty company. I could walk out into my garage, open the glove box, and look, but at 9 pm, it seems like way too much work. :D

Thats really intresting both Jon and Jason.. if you guys have further info on either one of your warranties you should maybe share this with the forum or anywhere else you want to get it out there.

That sounds like a really great set of options. I am sure alot of guys would be intrested in something like that!