ss rear bumper question

graysilv

It is a eurethane fascia over a steel bumper/reinforcement.

And yes, it is different than the standard pick up bumper.

So the eurethane fascia doesnt fit over a regular pick up bumper?

I don't believe that it will. It used a different part number than even the painted truck bumper. I haven't seen one apart, so I don't know what the difference is, but you could always try to make it work.

In regards to this, the ss bumper cover should fit over any 03-06 stock bumper on a silverado as long as its not a stepside. The regular silverado bumper pads have to come off first and the cover should slide over and install with the new bumper pads on top of the cover and lock it in. You may have to drill 2 holes on the outside edge of the steel bumper for the SS brackets to secure it. I could be wrong but the only difference between the SS steel bumper and the other silverado ones is the SS is just a bare bumper.

And yes it would stick out some if you dont have cladding all around

it will work over a stock bumper, i was going to do this and researched it alot. like said above the only difference will be that it will be wider, but i have seen a truck with that bumper and only the back two peices of cladding, looked good when i get home ill post pics!!!