just made my reservation for this.....

wody

just called and made a reservation for next tuesday for this oil leak. its a slow leak and my oil never goes down between oil changes (trans and engine). they said they don't make appointments for oil leaks because it could take 12 to 24 hours to find the leak. i told them i need it back asap to go on vacation on the 15th. this is a different dealer than the one i bought the truck from, so we'll see how they handle this. also wrote up the steering clunk. kind of wanted to get this stuff taken care of before it get my headers and tune done. se even if they don't fix it before i go on vacation at least its been noted before my headers and tune.

DSC00115.jpg

Alan

Edited by wody (see edit history)

i thought it was the rear main too. but we'll see. i took it into the dealership i bought the truck from and they said it was oil i spilled during an oil change :icon_bs: . thats why i want to try another dealership. shouldn't take very long to diagnose if its a the rear main. pop that inspection plate off and look up in there with a flashlight.

Edited by wody (see edit history)

I havent done a rear main on a 6.0 but on the ls1 it was a PITA trying to get the damn seal to press into the rear cover with out fn it up. They make a tool for this, or the right size socket to pop it in, that was the trick for me, small tap and it was good to go.

ok just got a call from the service advisor. they "fixed" the steering shaft BUT.......they tried to tell me AGAIN that the oil was left from an oil change. its been leaking since i bought the truck and i've cleaned it off a few times thinking it may have been left from assembly. but now since the oil is dark i know its coming from inside the motor. he said that all the tech did was clean it off and check the fluids. i told hime that i have cleaned it off lots of times. so hes going to put another tech on it and get a second opinion.

Alan