Diablo Predator

smithl3

The predator is the best solution if you do not have LS1edit abilities ...

the biggest problem with the SS is that it will be very hard to dyno tune, to find a 4wheel dyno will be the hard part.

Depending on the place you buy the predator from you can get them for less than $420 which is a bargin AND get free tunes .....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about Hypertec tuner??? Cost is $350..

:D I am tryiing to wait for Hypertech to come out with one! So far they are not even trying to make one according to a reply back from them last week. I might buy a superchip but after what happen to superdave over the weekend I am kinda waiting for hypertech now. so far i had heard to many truck kills by this two systems( superchips/predator). So I have decided to wait for Hypertech if ever. :chevy:

Hypertech is working on the SS, its just taking FOREVER. I have an inside source who tells me that they hope to have the two 4 wheel dynos they ordered, installed by the end of the year. He says they already have the factory specs on the engine and pretty much know what they have to do. Its just getting it done. I think the main hold up is the dyno. He says it shouldn't take long after they get the dynos installed. Probably only a couple of weeks of testing, if all goes well. I am thinking it will probably be January before we see the first one available. :sleep: I will keep ya'll posted.

I look at this and think that this company sure is committed to getting it right for the SS. That's assuming, of course, that these dynos were purchased to strap a SS to. I have not checked, but I bet Superchips and Diablo have not done the same. If I wanted to get a Hypertech, I would certainly hold out. Sounds like they're trying to do it right.

I am returning my Superchip tuner.After returning to the stock programing and driving for several days I can say that it I do hope that the Predator tuning that I will install when I recieve it will at least be as satisfiying.Supercip made the shifts feel a lot better under near WOT.My major problem with the tuning was the delay in releasing the throttle. The Predator is capable of custom tunings via the internet so hopefully they can update their tunes as requested. :P

Got mine today, didn't know FedEx did Saturday delivery. It looks like they ran over it first, maybe that's why they dropped off on Sat. Hoping someone wasn't home. Lucas, I'm installing mine tomorrow. I don't know what settings to try first. It will be a lot of trial and error. I have some suggestions from a couple people, I can email them if you like.

Installed my Predator today, very happy with the results. I raised the rev limit to 6000rpm, added 5% spark advance, upped all the shift points, lower the shift time, and raised the shift firmness. Still playing a bit with shift rpm but very happy with the results so far. I also think I need to lower the spark advance a tad. The real time data shows some knock retard some times at WOT. The real time data mode is awesome. Also, did not have a problem communicating or anything like that the 3 times I used it today.

Can you guys tell me where you are getting the Predator for $275.00. I must have missed it in this thread but I have gone through it twice. I have been waiting for the Hypertech because I already have the programmer but that costs $200 for and update anyways. The Predator sounds pretty good so far. It would make a nice Christmas present for myself.

Can you guys tell me where you are getting the Predator for $275.00. I must have missed it in this thread but I have gone through it twice. I have been waiting for the Hypertech because I already have the programmer but that costs $200 for and update anyways. The Predator sounds pretty good so far. It would make a nice Christmas present for myself.

I don't know were you can find the predator for $275.00, I think the thread was about the superchips for $275.00, The cheapest I have seen the predator was in ebay for $419.00. Sorry! :thumbs:

Rico,

Nice work Chris. I too had mine delivered to me on saturday, with the same crushed box you had. I am going to get it installed today during lunch. Had a busy weekend so no time to play with it. If there is a perticular tune that you noticed that worked very well, then let me know. I am gonna tackle that in a few hours. :thumbs:

Regarding Hypertech --

Anyone else hear that Hypertech's only provide 'power tuning' at WOT? IE: At regular throttle openings, you're using stock programming (Minus the shift point and gear ratio / tire size thing - that's throughout the throttle range)

Archived