Life after Flex-a-lite Efan install...

Black2003SS

Now that I have the efans dialed in, my truck stays super cool. :thumbs: It took a little bit of time getting the fans adjusted just right to come on at the right temp and then shutoff (I have a manual override switch to turn them on and might install an override switch to turn them off soon).

Truck feels much better. I think I might have had a bad fan clutch. The truck would always idle rough, almost like a cam, or like it was out of balance. Now the truck idles smooth as silk. The truck also seemed to hesitate, but now the throttle response is superior to what it was before. :dunno: I also notice if not slightly faster, but smoother acceleration. :dunno: I really think that clutch fan was a piece of sh!t. :banghead:

Short version: Very Very Very happy with Flex-a-lite fan install. :thumbs:

Flex-a-lite's come with a VSC or Variable speed controller. They also came with directions on what to wire where. All I did was use a flip switch from murrays and ran three wires, like the directions said. One wire went to the VSC, one to ground, and one directly to the battery for the 12V source. The VSC automatically shuts down (doesnt drain the battery power) because I also installed the wire to the ignition on 12V source in the fuse box in the engine bay. I'm a little worried about the quality of the VSC and would like to enclose it in a box of some kind to protect it from the elements.

If you dont have flexs, but '05 efans, I have no idea how to help you.

Flex-a-lite's come with a VSC or Variable speed controller.  They also came with directions on what to wire where.  All I did was use a flip switch from murrays and ran three wires, like the directions said.  One wire went to the VSC, one to ground, and one directly to the battery for the 12V source.  The VSC automatically shuts down (doesnt drain the battery power) because I also installed the wire to the ignition on 12V source in the fuse box in the engine bay.  I'm a little worried about the quality of the VSC and would like to enclose it in a box of some kind to protect it from the elements. 

If you dont have flexs, but '05 efans, I have no idea how to help you.

Why didn't you have a tuner setup the off/on temps in your tune? Has anyone got the total cost for the GM efans? I'm wondering which is the best option: GM efans or Flex-a-lite efans? efans is a mod I'm thinking about but haven't decided on yet.

I guess I just didnt want to mess with all the wiring. The Flex-a-lites were $400 and I installed them and that was it...done. The fans come on at a certain temp and go off at a certain temp. If I run into problems, I'll switch to a harness style setup. It was one of the easiest installs for anything I have ever done. I had the old fan out and the new ones in in less than half an hour.