couple quick questions

gettin ready to do a flip out install, and wondered if the stock bose subwoofer would work with the aftermarket headunit?

Also when the screen opens on the flipout, is the shifter in the way at all?

Thanks....

shifter will be in the way. you have two options, only flip it out in drive, or shorten the shifter. you can do this and still retain the stock shifter. but be careful, it is not a job for a novice fabricater. also the bose system will be completly functional. works and sounds great. you will need to buy a module/ wiring harness for this. if you have on-star too, you will need PN GM-0S-03. Hope this helps. good luck on the install. lets see some pics when it's done.

just an idea. it took two different shops to get this right. the first one was here in vegas so just like most stuff out here its half assed for twice the price. the second shop in ventura ca. fixed everything from engine feedback and got my 6 disc to work again. they even pulled some :icon_bs: harness' out so i took em back to the shop here and vegas and told them they suck!

DSC00066.jpg

Alan

Edited by wody (see edit history)

shifter will be in the way.  you have two options, only flip it out in drive, or shorten the shifter.  you can do this and still retain the stock shifter.  but be careful, it is not a job for a novice fabricater.  also the bose system will be completly functional.  works and sounds great.  you will need to buy a module/ wiring harness for this.  if you have on-star too, you will need PN GM-0S-03.  Hope this helps.  good luck on the install.  lets see some pics when it's done.

Yea I will prolly just leave it out... what i did with my old car.. I bought the Metra GMOS adapter from ebay, just waiting on it to get here... got one for $50 instead of $100. Im also going to do the PAC adapter to retain the steering wheel controls.

is the sound any better with an aftermarket h/u with the bose speakers vs. the stock h/u and the bose speakers?

I will be doing an amp/sub install around springtime with a subthump box.