tire size help?

04silveradoclone07ss

well since i put the new stock 20" ss wheels on, it made the truck rise a little. when i had my stock tires i lowered it in the back with shackels, and it looked a perfect hight. but now i want it lower, and dont think i can go to much lower because the front already has rubbing issues. the back should be fine for another 2", but im worried about the front. i have 275/55/20 all around and what i was thinking was getting maybe 275/45/20 or 275/50/20 just for the front, so i would have more room to drop it a little bit. do you think this would look weird with bigger tires in the back and smaller ones up front? i just want my truck lower in the front, it looks so much higher now. any ideaS?

100_2427.jpg

100_2429.jpg

bondo ewwww!!!! how redneck!!!  :puke:

:jester:

what was your truck doing at the body shop?

Be careful using the word redneck when you are from Montana and have mudflaps... :wtf:

Ahem... To address the question of the post though... I don't think going with a smaller diameter up front is going to solve your problem, you are talking less than an inch. Where are you rubbing? Down low or up high in the wheel well? Let's do it right, throw some spindles on there and cut the inner plastics where needed.

Edited by sactosupersport (see edit history)

well the truck was at the body shop getting my front bumper re aligned. it wasnt straight so i had them move it out 1/2 and inch also to clear the tires.

and for the next answer, what would spindles do to make it not rub any more. i know spindels lower something but idk what, and it doesnt rub all the time only when im at full turn does it make a little rubbing noise up higher nothing bad. i just dont want to lower it and then have it rub all the time.

what kind of spindels do i need? what else goes alos with doing spindels?

Edited by 04silveradoclone07ss (see edit history)

well the truck was at the body shop getting my front bumper re aligned. it wasnt straight so i had them move it out 1/2 and inch also to clear the tires.

and for the next answer, what would spindles do to make it not rub any more. i know spindels lower something but idk what, and it doesnt rub all the time only when im at full turn does it make a little rubbing noise up higher nothing bad. i just dont want to lower it and then have it rub all the time.

what kind of spindels do i need? what else goes alos with doing spindels?

There is a ton of great information in here about lowering a vehicle. Read up in the suspension section. I'm not sure what the hot set up is for a 2WD vehicle. When I did mine (AWD) McGaughys was the way to go. Spindles up front will drop your front end but keep all of your geometry very close to factory. You will have rubbing, there isn't much that you can do about that and really, it isn't a big deal.