installed the new super 40's

well i installed my super 40 last sunday, not to happy. i had my 50 series on there for about 5 months and the thing sounded nice, deep when i puched it at every rpm. but on the super 40 i only get a good sound around 2000rpm and anything over that is quiet. at idle i can defintly hear that its deeper. a much more deep tone thats nice. but idk if its because its not broken it or what. i rember i had to break my 50 in but it was quick and got a lot louder in a few weeks, hopefully this is the same, any ideas? also the drone is horrible i thought the super was suppose to be redesigned to have less drone, well i dont mind it just passngers do. also i was thinking of dumping the exhaust rigth after the muffler. good idea? and will this make it sound loud, i dont want it too loud but hate the look of the tailpipe, but i heard the tail pipe is what gives it that deep tone. is that true? well cant wait to see your answers, and sorry about the long post needed to vent a little!!!

I have dual super 40's and they exit in front of passenger side tire. I am very happy with the sound, and they did get louder as time went on. When I jump in it from about a 30mph roll, sounds really aggressive. I am guessing the difference may be that I have duals. As you said, maybe after a bit of break in you will like better. As for drone, I dont really notice, but I like it loud. I have also been thinking of removing the 90's and just dumping under the truck, just have'nt decided for sure. Goodluck to you, and hope you can get your exhaust to your liking :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...