Texas Vehicle Inspection & Tint

I am moving out to Texas again next week and was wondering if the state inspection sites test for tint when you go for your yearly inspection? I just bought a truck with dark tint and if I rememebr correctly when I was in Texas for college, I went to an inspection place and they put this "tint meter" over my windows to see what percentage my tint was and itf it was legal. Do they stil ldo this in Texas? How do you get around it?

thanks

I am moving out to Texas again next week and was wondering if the state inspection sites test for tint when you go for your yearly inspection? I just bought a truck with dark tint and if I rememebr correctly when I was in Texas for college, I went to an inspection place and they put this "tint meter" over my windows to see what percentage my tint was and itf it was legal. Do they stil ldo this in Texas? How do you get around it?

thanks

Yes some still do that. I always got around it by asking around and you can always find people to inspect your truck and ignore it or just go on a nice day with your windows down and they never made me roll them up. All in all I have had only 1 place put that meter on my windows and have never had any one check my emissions.

Related Q:

What north Texas counties have emissions inspections, and what is involved in that?

Mr. P. :)

I assumed that was what they check some of my friends have had some monitor put on the gas tank after they unscrewed the gas cap to check something I just assumed emissions but they never have done that to any of my vehicles :dunno: