06 Intimidator SS

Bluewheelz

I have been looking for about an hour now for a post that says what trans is in the 06 SSS. I just read an article in "GM High-Tech Performance" Feb. 07 edition that talks about the 2007 Silverado SS (Classic) having 4.10 rear gears and a 4L85e transmission just like the 06. :icon_bs: Is this guy on crack or acid??

Does the 06 SS Intimidator have the 4L60 or what? Also, I know for a fact that the rear gears are 3.73 - It says so on my window sticker.

Someone enlighten me please....

I have been looking for about an hour now for a post that says what trans is in the 06 SSS.  I just read an article in "GM High-Tech Performance" Feb. 07 edition that talks about the 2007 Silverado SS (Classic) having 4.10 rear gears and a 4L85e transmission just like the 06.  :icon_bs:  Is this guy on crack or acid??

Does the 06 SS Intimidator have the 4L60 or what?  Also, I know for a fact that the rear gears are 3.73 - It says so on my window sticker.

Someone enlighten me please....

Check your RPO codes in the glove box. M32 = 4L65E and M70 = 4L70E. I bet you got a 4L65E. Only the Vortec Max (NHT) package got the 4L70E.

Yes. A 4L65E is tha same as a 4L60E, with the exception of the 4L65E having a larger clutch pack. At least that is what the GM tech's told me Sat at work.....

:thumbs:

More then just larger clutch pack. Go here and check it out. Pictures and info.

http://www.superchevy.com/tech/0311sc_4l65...y/photo_01.html

DFW area - Jerry's Transmissions.  Also you can contact BMan as well, he is a transmission professional in the north Dallas area.

Mr. P.

:withstupid: I've also had good experience with Plano Transmissions. He's done a nasty TH400 for me, and a 700R4 and a 4L60E. He does real good work.