06 Auto Mustang and 1999 Lightning

Z4pp

Well both these races happened in less than 30 minutes!

1st the 06 Auto Mustang was right on my ass, and I already speed like everywhere I go so I knew he wanted to play so I accelerate to a light get over and we both get a red.

He had a nice looking girl in his passenger seat. I saw her lookin :D Anyways light turn greens and I stomp on it. I immeadiately get in front of him! maybe a 3\4 truck length I stay in front until about 55 then he starts reeling me in slowly and at about 70 mph he was about 1 mustang length in front :[ And he immediately turned off into the next street? He won? I dunno why he got mad? :] maybe a full size truck keeping up with him!! maybe thats why?! :troll:

I was on my way to pick up my buddy Cody, so I just kept going and picked him up!

Then as we where leaving I spot a red 1999ish Lightning driven by these hardcore gangster dudes lol and I dont think they where very happy about me dropping the hammer @ 30mph right next to them :] Anyone who knows anything about their truck knows the 30 mph hammer drop looks and feels pretty nice :] So he immediately cut the guy behind me off and got on my ass... then we got a red, but it was in the turning lane, and I lower my window and ask him if he wants to race on this local street that is usually pretty empty that we where like a block down from. So hes like alright cool, and I asked him if he was stock and he gave me the smile, everyone knows what smile lol. So I already know the out come... So we went down the road a bit and got off on Edison Hwy. :] So we catch a red and im ready baby, i know I have to get a good launch and keep it as long as I can! So I footstall to 1500 rpms and we just wait. Bam light turns green I Immediately got 1 or 2 trucks in front of him! I was gone! I beat him to 30,40,50,60, and as soon as I hit 70 and my truck shifted up to third he flew by me like a bat out of hell man. He put at least a truck on me to 80. It was infuriating! but I actually did a whole lot better than I thought I would! Even my friend Cody was like DAMN you held him off for a long time! But yeah good times... I gave him the thumbs! :thumbs: and I flipped an AWD brody :] smoke and everything lol. And I went home! :]

Good times, but :[ I lost to two fords in less than 30 mins! I really need some mods!!!!

Anyone know why our third gear refuses to pull? Its horrible its like as soon we hit third we loose 1\2 hp. What mods do I need to fix this? Remember im all stock. And flowmasters dont much hp IF any.... so :] Those are my stories for Jan 5, 2007 :]

Anyone know why our third gear refuses to pull? Its horrible its like as soon we hit third we loose 1\2 hp. What mods do I need to fix this? Remember im all stock. And flowmasters dont much hp IF any.... so :] Those are my stories for Jan 5, 2007 :]

Well, I have a CAI and a Nelson tune (which is a good tune) and my truck still feels like it falls on its face when it hits third. It is just the spacing between the gears. It won't ever go away, but you might notice it less if you were supercharged :). 1st and 2nd gears pull like crazy, but then it seems like a big jump to the 1:1 third gear. Just race until 75 LOL. You can beat most cars and trucks to that point.

When I checked my truck's 1/4 mile time, I ran the eighth in 9.44 seconds at 72.3 MPH - then I hit third gear (about 74) and it took me the rest of the quarter mile (another eighth) to pick up just 13.3 more MPH. I finished the quarter in 15.08 at 85.6 MPH. This was before my CAI. I just had a Nelson tune and a K&N drop in when I did this. I was also at 4,400 feet elevation.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)