DESTROYED DAKOTA

streatsboy

Well... I got my truck about a month and a half ago, and i have not found anyone who has wanted to race me... until last night that is! This guy in a quad cab two wheel drive dakota was revvin his motor at me in town last night. So when he finally got beside me at the light, we chatted for a second and i told him to follow me to food lion (where everyone parks in a hicktown). Anyway he pops his hood an he's got a 4.7 with K&N CAI, underdrive pulley, electric fans (not sure if they came stock or not) and a single inlet dual outlet flowmaster 40. After we chat for a minute... I had him follow me out to Miller bypass and its got like a two mile stretch where we can just go WIDE OPEN!!(Where i got my T/A up to 150 :eek: ) After we go to the end (checkin for cops) we line up to come back the other way. I get in the middle turnin lane and he gets beside me. My buddy got out an flagged us. Anyway i just absolutely left him at launch :driving: and he was about two car lengths behind me by the time i hit second. :cool: I let off at about 90 an he was about 7 or 8 car lengths behind me! Its just the greatest feelin in the world eatin up somebody! Thats why my night kinda sucked when this guy i work with decides he wants to race me in his Ram SRT-10 :sigh: ... But thats another story.

having sold my last truck, 01 4.7 quad cab 4X4 to buy this one thats a pretty good kill! mine was running mid 13's but with a blower. electric fans are standard on them as well. torqueless motors but you can rev the piss out of them. good kill either way.

heres a couple pics of my last ride for all you dodge lovers out there.

dirtytruck.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Edited by rivierakid55 (see edit history)

having sold my last truck, 01 4.7 quad cab 4X4 to buy this one thats a pretty good kill!  mine was running mid 13's but with a blower.  electric fans are standard on them as well.  torqueless motors but you can rev the piss out of them.  good kill either way. 

heres a couple pics of my last ride for all you dodge lovers out there.

dirtytruck.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Yeah man... My big bro had a Dakota Quad cab.. Basically stock but it was smokin! I was just surprised i was able to have that much of a lead on the guy...

There's an srt/10 runnin around my town that sounds real good but i would never even think about it in my truck but i would like to see what he's got.

Well... I ended up runnin that SRT-10 today... and it wasn't pretty :tear: . He ended up with about the same lead i had on that Dakota. At about 80 he was about 6 or 7 car lengths ahead of me! Now all i gotta do is figure out how to save up around five grand and get one of those things that whine! :thumbs:

nice kill man--watch out for those SRT-10's, they will eat you alive..... :chevy:

[/quote

Bring 'em on :jester:

holy sh*t, how much torque is your Duramax putting out?? I read your mods and you could probably pull down a house with the amount of power i'm thinking your truck makes............................ :driving:

nice kill man--watch out for those SRT-10's, they will eat you alive..... :chevy:

[/quote

Bring 'em on :jester:

holy sh*t, how much torque is your Duramax putting out?? I read your mods and you could probably pull down a house with the amount of power i'm thinking your truck makes............................ :driving:

Yes, my Silverado has quite a bit of torque. I've haven't dyno'd her yet but others running a similar setup are reporting approx. 400-475HP and 725-800FT Lbs Trq at the wheels. You don't want to add more than 90-100HP to the Allison without beefing it up. My trucks a "sleeper" no stickers on the windows and my MBRP exhaust is the "installer" series which looks just like the original only a bigger diameter. I only raced her once and it was because some jerk in a Rumble Bee was provoking me one day needless to say he was quite embarassed at the outcome of that race , he'll think twice before messing with another Chevy.

Here's to my Silverado friends :cheers: