PCM tuning questions

Kent's SS

I am very interested in getting a PCM tuning from all of the user postings I have seen on here. I am no gear head by any means and I don't race my SSS. I just want to increase performance a bit and get more bang for my buck.

I have looked at the PCM4LESS website and was examining the order form. Most of the items on the form I was thinking should be left at LEAVE AS IS since I have mostly stock equipment. The only real performance add on I have is a CAI.

With all of these options being left as LEAVE AS IS are there still modifications that Bryan makes that will help out? Or am I really only paying to have one or two settings reprogrammed?

I'm not trying to recommend or sell PCMFORLESS, I have just seen many recommendations for his service. I am also looking into the other services that other users have talked about. His site was the only one that I saw with the online order form with all the questions on it in terms of what can be tuned so I used it as my example.

Also, from your guy's experience, what do you suggest doing in terms of doing a PCM exchange or should I get another PCM? Will this tuning void the manufacturer warranty? Should I replace the stock PCM whenver I take my truck in to be worked on? Any problems with getting a modified PCM and it stop working for some reason?

Thanks for your help!

I have PCM4Less tune on my truck and my only mods are exhaust and c.a.i and I am completely happy with it. You could always call Bryan I did and talk to him about your questions he was very helpful to me. He turns off abuse modules and stuff like that and you get like a 30+RWHP gain and 1-1.5 mpg increase. I kept my stock PCM for just incase reasons.

Why dont you just have a tune done face to face.. if you are in northwestern Il I can do that for you at a short version of PCM' for less's price..

And if you are unhappy with the tune I can put your stock one back in no harm no foul your money refunded..

And I can explain to you in person what is done in the tune and show you the effects.

I just did a tune for Bonj87 from the forum as well as 1fastss from las vegas.

And everything I know as far as tuning goes has been learned from zippy as well as learning as I go. I have a low 13 second naturally asperated truck that gets 23 mpg highway with a fairly large cam and a set of dart heads. That should give you a little of my experience.

Cool... I might just have to consider that.

Nothing against PCM4LESS but an in person tune would be great, especially if I can drive it around for a little bit afterward to make sure I like any changes.

Which 'burb you in? I'm in Sterling, IL so I'm about 2 hours from Aurora.

Cool... I might just have to consider that.

Nothing against PCM4LESS but an in person tune would be great, especially if I can drive it around for a little bit afterward to make sure I like any changes.

Which 'burb you in? I'm in Sterling, IL so I'm about 2 hours from Aurora.

I don't know how familar you are with the nw subs.. but im about 5 minutes from woodfield mall right where 90 and rt 53 cross

• 3 weeks later...

PCM Tuning Section:

All of your personal tuning concerns here (LS1 Edit, HP Tuners, EFI Live, Wideband, Logging Equipment, etc..) NO VENDOR PRAISES. NO POSTS ON HANDHELD UNITS OR MAIL ORDER TUNING.

Moved topic to Bolt On Performance section.