michael j fox

jon1178

as a side note, what i meant by uncomfortable was just me trying to imagine how difficult it must be for a person with that ailment to sit there and conduct an interview on national tv knowing full well that there will be skeptics and critics and just plain @$$holes trying to tear him down instead of maybe trying to help. i'm not sure how i would hold up in that situation.

our politicians have forgotten that they work for us and not their own agendas. republicans and democrats both need to see that there isn't just one way to see things. your way might be right for you but not for someone else and you can't impose that on them. both sides need to come together on certain issues and find a middle ground. not just my way is right and your's is wrong.

Just watched it. It takes alot of courage to put yourself in front of the media in taht condition, yet MJF does not ridicule anyone ... even though he's been mocked by Rush.

That's awesome. I hope that they can find a way to help him. Screw Limbaugh! :smash:

Wow.  There's so much to say, I've got a million thoughts in my head watching that.  Just - Wow.  That is one of the finest examples of personal character I've witnessed.

Mr. P.

:withstupid: I could not even begin to imagine how tough that would be for me to sit there and do that, yet MJF conducts the interview through the syptoms with nothing but class. It is truly a shame for anyone to have to go through the horrible illnesses that are in our country. I hope for their sake that one day science will prevail to help these folks live a pain free life.

He is a better man than me I couldnt imaigne the courage it took to put himself out there to the national audience in his condition. People like Rush need to shut and quit trying to kick a man that I grew up watching just so he can get ratings. Rush is such a douche :nonod:

Wow.  There's so much to say, I've got a million thoughts in my head watching that.  Just - Wow.  That is one of the finest examples of personal character I've witnessed.

Mr. P.

:withstupid: I could not even begin to imagine how tough that would be for me to sit there and do that, yet MJF conducts the interview through the syptoms with nothing but class. It is truly a shame for anyone to have to go through the horrible illnesses that are in our country. I hope for their sake that one day science will prevail to help these folks live a pain free life.

To me that is TRULY accepting yourself for who you are, and being comfortable in your own skin. But what got me is not only that but you can tell he truly does not care about his detractors and critics, it is obvious that he is sure of what he believes in and he is doing everything he can regardless of his condition. The admirable thing to me is that he is still trying to make the most of his life, I know many other people with much milder afflictions that do just the opposite, basically sit on their asses (for any number of reasons).

Rush - I used to love listening to RL many years ago because he was thought provoking; now he's just grandstanding. :nonod:

Mr. P.