Radix complete kit feeler thread

SSThunder

Truck is going in Friday to have the front end checked out and oil changed. I might be putting up my intercooled radix kit up for sale. It's for a 2003 and comes complete with 3 pillar pod, 2 phantom II gauges(matches SS gauges) and a Wideband gauge, plus the pillar pod paint to match the interior. I've also purchased the outlaw CAI for the radix so that will be included also. I've also got the cooler relocation brackets that put the radix cooler behind the front bumper instead of in front of the trans cooler. Just a feeler thread so PM with any questions and what you might be willing to pay. I'm not hurting for cash so I'm not just going to give this stuff away if I decide to sell it.

Why the change of heart?  I have had my radix kit for almost a year now and havent put it on...lol.

If the front end needs repair I'll be kind of weary about adding the radix. It's not def for sale, just seeing if anybody would be interested if I deicde to sale it. I really want to install it but I'm going to see about the front end first.

whats wrong with your front end :confused:

I've got the front end growl/grinding noice after 52K miles. Just started a week or so ago and it's very noticeable. It does it when going straight so I'm not sure what's the deal. I'm having it looked at Friday when I get the oil changed. If the front has to be repaired over and over I might end up trading her in on a newer model SS, not sure yet. I'm sure I'll keep her just hoping she can be fixed and stay fixed until I decide to destroy the trans with a 2.8 pulley and cam :devil:

whats wrong with your front end :confused:

I'm sure I'll keep her just hoping she can be fixed and stay fixed until I decide to destroy the trans with a 2.8 pulley and cam :devil:

yea good luck on that idk if its my luck or not but i put the 2.9 on my radix with the stock tranny and i blew it up within a month which i knew it would i wanted a performance tranny anyway. then i bought a brand new performance 650hp rated tranny and destroyed that one within 2 months.. sucks..... well when i say destroyed i mean i shreaded the front drum on the tranny.

The service department thinks it the front diff. bearings next to the "pumkin". My plans are to keep the radix and have the front diff. rebuilt/repaired. If the problem pops up again I'll be trading in the SS. I don't mind fixing the problem once but it it's going to have to be fixed over and over then I'll get rid of her. Maybe I can find a newer SS or wait till the new SS comes out :devil: