Harley-Davidson

jaymoney

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the non s/c are either x-cab or crew cab with the old frosted headlights, and the badge is smaller, b/c it doesnt say SUPERCHARGED. those trucks are pretty strong. the only difference between a lightning and a HD is a pulley and a tune(weight of course, but i mean drivetrain). i have a customer with one, an 03. we installed an intake, 2.8 pulley, cat-back, and custom dyno tune. 352/430 to the wheels. stock they run a 6.2 0-60, and a low 14/ high 13 quater. a stock SS will get owned, especially at highway speeds. they have 275/40/20's, (SMALL) and a 4.10, so they pull. just thought id educate the SS family before they go and waste gas and/or pwn some noobs :jester:

the non s/c are either x-cab or crew cab with the old frosted headlights, and the badge is smaller, b/c it doesnt say SUPERCHARGED. those trucks are pretty strong. the only difference between a lightning and a HD is a pulley and a tune(weight of course, but i mean drivetrain). i have a customer with one, an 03. we installed an intake, 2.8 pulley, cat-back, and custom dyno tune. 352/430 to the wheels. stock they run a 6.2 0-60, and a low 14/ high 13 quater. a stock SS will get owned, especially at highway speeds. they have 275/40/20's, (SMALL) and a 4.10, so they pull. just thought id educate the SS family before they go and waste gas and/or pwn some noobs :jester:

That's good to know about the H-D's, but according to the article in the link I posted below, stock Lightning's run 0-60 in 5.2 and do the quarter in 13.7 with a top speed of 146 mph. What H-D cabs are you saying come with blowers? I have never seen a regular cab H-D.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/pickup...ning/index.html

Edited by Show Time (see edit history)

After driving 1 there is no way i will get owned. It wasnt that fast the only way is if it has alot of mods. Like i said i wasnt impressed it has the same hp as us and a little more tq. I have long tubes c,a,i and a handheld program. I would love to run 1.

That's good to know about the H-D's, but according to the article in the link I posted below, stock Lightning's run 0-60 in 5.2 and do the quarter in 13.7 with a top speed of 146 mph. What H-D cabs are you saying come with blowers? I have never seen a regular cab H-D.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/pickup...ning/index.html

i didnt say anything about the lightning..... i know they run mid to low 5's 0-60... also never said anything about an HD reg cab lol. sorry if i was confusing. i said that the ex. cabs are old, like 01 to 02 maybe.... and those are n/a, VERY slow. like 9.4 seconds 0-60 slow. there were a few crew cabs that looked like the ex cabs that are also the n/a. to a ford fan, they are easily recognized by the old, frosted style headlights and turn signals. the 03-04 HDs are blown, same exact truck as lightning. 2 lbs less boost, fatter tune with less timing. this is strictly for towing purposes.

After driving 1 there is no way i will get owned. It wasnt that fast the only way is if it has alot of mods. Like i said i wasnt impressed it has the same hp as us and a little more tq. I have long tubes c,a,i and a handheld program. I would love to run 1.

yes that would be a close race, if he were stock. but all it takes is a pulley to climb to 13s for them. thats a meezly $80 bucks.

This saturday night a hd pulled up next to me at a light i've never raced one before and after reading this forum i wanted to see what they got. we got to about 40 mph and could here him revving it ,and even though i hate fords i can't hate that sc whine, so i revv my truck as well and then we both punch it and he jumps me, but not by much he was only beating me by his bumper and we stayed like that till about 115 when we both let go. i have a 06 crew cab with a 5.3 my mods consist of : HP Tuning, K&N ColdAirIntake, TB Spacer, Granatelly Air Flow Sensor, No catalyc converters, Borla Dual Cat back Exhaust and 3.73 gears. for pics of my truck please check out my profile at myspace

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...endID=153598959

• 2 weeks later...
02 and up crew cabs are SC, I don't think the excab's are SC, they are 01 and older. My dad has an 02 HD crew, nice truck but I'll take an SS anyday, even he asks about once a month to "trade trucks for a week".

Actually the '00 are extended cab and in '01 they went to supercrew. '02 and '03 only were supercharged.

JayMoney.... I live in NW Florida and have an '02 HD and i'd be happy to race you. You name the strip, the day and i'll be there. Let's see what you got. Here's a link to a timeslip from last summer. Mine is on the left. That's on street tires.

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/sho...8560&pos=10

and heres a link to my dyno sheet.

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/sho...5556&pos=15

Edited by pony (see edit history)

02 and up crew cabs are SC, I don't think the excab's are SC, they are 01 and older. My dad has an 02 HD crew, nice truck but I'll take an SS anyday, even he asks about once a month to "trade trucks for a week".

Actually the '00 are extended cab and in '01 they went to supercrew. '02 and '03 only were supercharged.

JayMoney.... I live in NW Florida and have an '02 HD and i'd be happy to race you. You name the strip, the day and i'll be there. Let's see what you got. Here's a link to a timeslip from last summer. Mine is on the left. That's on street tires.

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/sho...8560&pos=10

and heres a link to my dyno sheet.

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/sho...5556&pos=15

:troll:

I raced a H-D one time when I was stock. He had an aftermarket whipple and he owned me. I havent seen him sinc emy mods though. Im sure it would be a lot better of a race now. Im also sure his aftermarket whipple is better than their stock SC's.

my buddy owns an 03 s/c harley and he used to get me about 1/4 mile down the road stock. now with the volant cai and the exhaust i get him by about 1 1/2 off a light.

Cool, but the race isn't won off the light. You'd probably get me by 1 and 1/2 off the light too, but when I hook you're toast. Second gear i'll pull you by 5 trucks, by 3rd you will be embarassed.

my buddy owns an 03 s/c harley and he used to get me about 1/4 mile down the road stock. now with the volant cai and the exhaust i get him by about 1 1/2 off a light.

Cool, but the race isn't won off the light. You'd probably get me by 1 and 1/2 off the light too, but when I hook you're toast. Second gear i'll pull you by 5 trucks, by 3rd you will be embarassed.

I'm sure there are plenty of SSs on here and VHOs that could handle you.