So Cali Camping.

nxtnlne

I've been looking for a good spot to take my kids camping. I have 2 ski's and some dirtbikes so water and off road terrain is good, BUT I was wanting to get outdoors with them just us and the campfire no toys. I would be willing to drive a couple of hours for a good spot. I live in the 310 area.....Thanks in advance! :thumbs:

ALSO......Maybe some site or lot #'s I could reserve too If you have them. That would definetly help.

Edited by nxtnlne (see edit history)

I've been to Cachuma when I was a kid it was so packed they put us in what they called over flow. That was a pretty lame area we were in. Thats all I can remember.

Have'nt been to Leo Carillo yet though..Do they alow bon fires on the the beach like Bolsa Chica?

Thanks

Edited by nxtnlne (see edit history)

I've been to Cachuma when I was a kid it was so packed they put us in what they called over flow. That was a pretty lame area we were in. Thats all I can remember.

Have'nt been to Leo Carillo yet though..Do they alow bon fires on the the beach like Bolsa Chica?

Thanks

Yup still do, they have the fire pits available just bring the wood

nxtnlne, try to find an area that is near a camp ground but not a camp ground. The most fun i had growing up camping was when we went places in the sierras that didn't have running water, showers, and bear lockers. I loved digging the fire pit and making the run off for my tent in case it rained. Try and do that it's alot more fun I think. Just make sure to get a fire permit. We had a few park rangers come and talk to us but they just wanted to make sure we had a permit since we weren't in a lot.

Yeah thats how we used to do it when I was growing up. I might just do that I know it would be a just myself and the kids cause the old lady isnt into the no bathroom or shower stuff. Currently some of my buddies are talking about going up to Ocatea Wells for some riding but were not sure though. It would be my first time there so im still doing the research..... :thumbs:

ocotillo wells would be a great place to go as I am into motocross and all but if your goal is good old camping I would say no. I have camped lots of places and it seems like the best places are in the woods, not the desert. Just my opinion though. However, if you are into riding and so are you boys, go there and hit up some mud dunes.

Point Mugu State Beach has a couple cool campgrounds.

Sycamore Canyon, nice camping for tents and RVs, back in the trees. Trail head to the canyon hiking and mountain biking is at the end of the campground.

Thornhill Broome is right on the beach, more RV oriented but tents are ok. The kids we saw were having a blast playing on the beach. The only bad thing is PCH is close to the campsites and the noise of cars and trucks might be annyoing in a tent.

CRW_2188.jpg

The beach is mostly rocky, with some sand towards the campsites.

CRW_2171.jpg

Over the years, kids have built stone ring forts. The forts are cool places to watch the sunset from.

CRW_2168.jpg