stock looking custom made badge..

well heres the idea, i have the "sub" part of a suburban emblem, and i'm ging to graft that to the "erado" part of my silverado tailgate emblem.. while altering the "B' to a "P" to end up with "SUPERADO" (my user name).

just wondering what everyone else thinks.. also if anybody has any experiance or a suggestion on what to bond them with let me know. and the pics are just to get an idea, have'nt started yet.

before anyone else say's it, yes i already posted this but it was under another topic so i did'nt realy get any response and i figured i would post it where it belongs under my own topic. thanks in advance for any input :chevy:

post-8665-1168583941_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1168583953_thumb.jpg

post-8665-1168583966_thumb.jpg

Would be FAR cheaper than having someone cut a custom emblem with a CNC machine.

Mr. P. :)

Ya, but that would look so bad ass! :thumbs:

i thought about having one made. but once i figured out this way, i thought it would be a little more custom and also look stock, so if people glance at it that might be like "hold up.. that ain't right" and then realize oh "superado" pretty cool.

well at least thats how i feel :)

but thanks for the compliments so far guys.. :) i'll post some pics in this thread when i'm done.

I think that would be totally bitchin :cool:  Would be FAR cheaper than having someone cut a custom emblem with a CNC machine.

Amen to that... I was going to have the SS cut in carbon fiber for my truck it was 280, per emblem. Over 800 in custom cut, never happened. Call me cheap I would rather spend that on something else, than emblems.

I think that would be totally bitchin :cool:  Would be FAR cheaper than having someone cut a custom emblem with a CNC machine.

Amen to that... I was going to have the SS cut in carbon fiber for my truck it was 280, per emblem. Over 800 in custom cut, never happened. Call me cheap I would rather spend that on something else, than emblems.

:withstupid: to qoute chris rock in im gonna get you sucker... "good lord thats a lot a money" :jester: i never actualy looked into the cost of making one from scratch, i would never spend that much on an emblem either. i would'nt call you cheap i totaly agree. you would have to be an idiot to spend that on a emblem (or filthy rich). i got my emblem off my truck, the suburban emblem from a freind (talked him into removing it :D ) and i've got 3m tape already.. at the most i may have to by some type of bonding agent, but i might have some :confused: so either way it will be free or a couple bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-06-Che...sspagenameZWDVW

No no no.. Real carbon fiber. 20sq weave or some crap like that in layers to make the thickness of the SS with the 45 bevel around the edge. Not some screw and glue hookie junk. lol

No no no.. Real carbon fiber. 20sq weave or some crap like that in layers to make the thickness of the SS with the 45 bevel around the edge. Not some screw and glue hookie junk. lol

i... was just... trying to help.

:tear: