Radix install question

sirk

im taking my truck in next thursday to get the radix put on. is there any prep work that needs to be done before i take it in?

ie: new oil change, empty gas tank, etc.

thanks for the help. cheers.

Chris

Don't give them a full tank, it will be emptied by the time they are done doing the "required test drives" :jester:

But seriously, if you have a lot of dirt on the engine, it would not hurt to clean it off so the dirt won't be falling into the intake ports while they work.

an oil change is not needed, just continue to change oil regularly like normal. like krambo said, low on gas is good, but not too low. anything less than a 1/4 tank is good. start putting 93octane it in now if your not already. goood luck!~

thanks alot. i only seem to get 91 octane up here in alberta. occasionly i stumble across 92 but its rare. seems stupid. we make all the gas here. thanks for the advise. i cant wait. to bad its -35 celcius where i am right now ( fort mcmurray ). thats -31 farenheit for my american freinds. effin cold out.

thanks alot. i only seem to get 91 octane up here in alberta. occasionly i stumble across 92 but its rare. seems stupid. we make all the gas here. thanks for the advise. i cant wait. to bad its -35 celcius where i am right now ( fort mcmurray ). thats -31 farenheit for my american freinds. effin cold out.

You might try an octane booster. I used to run one in my TA and I could tell a diff. in how the car ran with it vs. without it. Its been 7 years so I do not remember how much it is supposed to raise your octane.

Hope the install goes well you can't beat being blown ....

Sorry to hijack the thread but my question is sort of related...

does the Radix lubricate from the engine oil or is there another place to lubricate it? and if it lubes from the engine do yoiu need to put more oil in the engine?

Hope the install goes well you can't beat being blown ....

Sorry to hijack the thread but my question is sort of related...

does the Radix lubricate from the engine oil or is there another place to lubricate it? and if it lubes from the engine do yoiu need to put more oil in the engine?

The Radix is self contained, no oil lines need to be run. I swapped my Radix gear lube at like 5K due to an "issue" and when I did, the oil was black. The stuff I put in was a nice amber. I think Magnacharger suggests a 80-100K service (rebuild).