2 questions

jballer323

I have 2 questions about 2WD and AWD. Is there a difference in gas mileage?, and if there is, what is it (estimate). Also, would an AWD out-accelerate a 2WD? if so, how much would it be by. Or is it visa-versa? Any good answers will be nice.

Thanks guys.

awd get a little worse gas mileage due to the fact that it spreads its power to four wheels instead of two, and more parts make it heavier. but awd does out accelerate a 2wd but a 2wd can catch up.

there isn't any significant increase/decrease in gas mileage between the two.. and it depends on the conditions for an awd to out accelerate a 2wd. rain, or slick surfaces would be a good example.. awd should retain enough traction to keep the truck from spinning as a 2wd wouldn't.

also, awd has a small percentage of hp loss due to having to power all the wheels. it's not significant though.

Edited by braddub (see edit history)

awd wastes more gas but it's sick on the launch. if you plan to mod the hell out of your truck then you're not worried about gas anyway and you'll need the awd. rwd ( i have it) can get scary loose in the rain too. even with the t/c on. from a stop you have to be really light on the pedal on wet roads.

i want to mod my truck out (s/c and everything) but i'm a little worried as far as what i'm going to do for traction. but i'll cross that bridge when i get there.

ES :flag: