Factory radio XM question

I have the factory Bose system with OnStar, I do not have XM.

Is the factory radio XM capable ? Is the wiring for the XM receiver in every truck ?

I want to try the Sirius conversion, I'm sick of the FM transmitter on the portable.

Any Help ???

Thanks

p.s. Also have the same problem in my HHR

Both will work. You need a receiver for XM or Sirius.

Cruchfield has them. I put a SIR-GM receiver in my SSS and it works great. I have the NAV head unit. It says XM on the screen but it's Sirius. It cost about $100 plus the subscription fees.

Cruchfield has them. I put a SIR-GM receiver in my SSS and it works great. I have the NAV head unit. It says XM on the screen but it's Sirius. It cost about $100 plus the subscription fees.

or you could pick one up from best buy and it'll cost you a lil too

did this plug right in? I want to get rid of the XM and put in Sirius. do I have to go behind the radio or will it replace the factory XM box?

you wouldent have to take the XM out  the sirius mod looks just like a dedicaded unit for aftermarket decks...  and plugs inlike at the back of the radio you also you will need and acc+ and ground

the reason I ask is, I have my factory head running my amps which is no big deal, but I also have my Alpine DVD going into it and also my cell phone goes into aux in as well for music. thanks for the help. I will order me one today and see what happens...

• 2 weeks later...

I also found this on GMPartsDirect.com last night.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?s...number=12498768

It's a tad more expensive than the other alternatives, but it's factory. I have a Roady 2 installed in mine and would like to lose that and go factory to get the clutter off my dash.

I don't know if anyone has taken this route.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...